Glass cleaning...

YNOT

Helper
Hi Steve and Chris...I got my package last night. Thanks!

Question...what type of pad should I use to 'polish' my glass with using that Professional Polish? I'm assuming I don't want something super abrasive like my orange or yellow pads...but something mild...maybe a white pad?? Or should I go with something even softer?

I'll try to remember to get pics before and after.

sscully

Advanced Helper
I'm the wrong steve, but what I have used for a "1st time in 5 years" is a Lake Country Glass pad on the PC.

I would suggest doing a clay 1st, you might be shocked how much this can pull off the glass before polishing.

This was just for cleaning the glass, not trying to remove defects of any kind.

For defect removal I use a different product ( made specifically for glass polishing ) with a LC cyan Hydro tech 3" spot buff on the rotary.
- I got a good part of a "stone drag" on a side window out with this. To this day, I still do not know how that rock did not break the window.

P

Pockets

Yup like Steve said you can clay first or use the PP with a White pad like you said Tony and you should be good to go

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would start with the least abrasive pad Tony even though I have done glass with the orange pad and have done no damage.
Glass is very tough and obviously takes quite a beating. Steve is right, I would clay it first and then spray and wipe and see how it looks.
Your evaluation at this point will let you know how aggressive to go. Keep us updated ;)