Fall Detail Day and bbq official thread

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
icon14.png
Fall Detail Day October 15th 2011 (October 16th rain date)
Poorboy’s World is proud to announce our Detailing Day October 15th with a rain date of the 16th
Event to be held at our warehouse , 210 West Nyack Road, West Nyack, NY
Vehicle space will be limited, so please sign up on this thread so we can get an actual count. We would like to invite on-line people, from any site, as well as local people.
Please feel free to post this on any other boards / forums you frequent.
One of our goals is to put faces to the names we talk to on-line. We use the weekend format so there is time for personal interaction and instruction. Many people want to share how to use the products and machines to their fullest extent. Individuals and families are welcome!!

Cost
$20 to be paid in advance by paypal (poorboysworld@att.net) or credit card.
Your $20 fee will include:
1) a reserved parking spot
2) Bbq for the day's lunch
3) Ice cold bottled drinking water all day
4) The full line of Poorboy’s World branded products, except microfiber towels, pads etc...
5) Water source, hose, buckets, and mitts for washing vehicles.
Sorry, no brushes will be provided.

Checklist for Attendees
For those of you planning to attend PB Detailing Day this weekend, here is a quick checklist of items that will be provided on-site as well those items you are expected to bring yourself.

-Your responsibilities:
- Upon arrival, Sign in at the registration table and receive a name tag.
-park where indicated in assigned spots
- If possible, arrive with a freshly or recently washed vehicle. While washing implements will be available on site, time would be better spent on other aspects of detailing.
- Provide your own PC, Flex and/or rotary buffer along with all necessary accessories such as electrical extension cords, pads, bonnets, wrenches, and connectors.
*A limited amount of machines will be available for sale.
Provide your own applicator pads and microfiber towels.
* Pads and towels will be available for sale
- If desired, bring your own lawn chairs and sunscreen.
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL OTHER PRODUCTS AT HOME
- At the end of the day, please clean up after yourselves.

While many of you may delight in comparing detailing products from various manufacturers, please keep in mind that this weekend is being sponsored by Poorboy's World. This is an opportunity for everyone to try Poorboy's World products and get personal hands-on help with our detailing questions. So, it would be considered good manners to stay on topic by focusing our attention on Poorboy's World products for the duration of this event

FAQ Is the goal to Detail Each and Every car exterior?

After meeting and greeting, everyone will be detailing their own car. Some people will be here just for helping others...it's a great opportunity to watch other people and how they get their results. I will walking around and will try to help and demonstrate for anyone and everyone who would like to see a product that they have not tried or are not getting all they want out of their finish.
I'd like to see everyone leaving at the end of the weekend with a shiny car, so we can take pictures and then share with the rest of the on-line communities.

Since we are located next to a body shop, there will be plenty of spare hoods and fenders to practice and demonstrate rotary skills. If this is of interest to you, please make a note of it, so we can gather the parts in advance.

There will be more information as we progress and all suggestions pertaining to the event are welcome

We also need to know if you will be requiring a hotel/ motel room , so we can try and work out a deal with a local and convenient place.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
so far those attending are:

Poorboy
Pockets
Ronkh
Gus-Gus
Beercan
Atkinsonair
Kurt
kitzy?
Matth
Wallywax

G

Gus-Gus

I will of course bring my PC as a spare buffer for someone to use..and a set of pads to go with it.

I cannot however promise that i wont threaten kidney punches to those who want to polish a car longer than 4 hours ;)

Atkinsonair

Wax waster apprentice
Im trying to decide which process for my daily driver i bought, its a silver 2001 bonnieville. Im looking forward to putting the Poorboys smackdown on it. Im going to try to pro polish it before i head your way. Let the waxing begin.

ronkh

Da King
Im trying to decide which process for my daily driver i bought, its a silver 2001 bonnieville. Im looking forward to putting the Poorboys smackdown on it. Im going to try to pro polish it before i head your way. Let the waxing begin.

Run it through the scratch and shine first?

B

Bassman007

Is it too late to get into this?, can I pay upon arrival if its too late to pay now?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Well the big day is tomorrow ... even if you plan on coming at the last minute, it would be great to know or you won't have food:shock:

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Most of the gang is already here ... Atkinsonair (Shawn) was here right after Pockets this morning , with Gus only a few minute behind him. Ron can a little later and we are expecting Rich soon and possibly Kitzy .. Kitzy where are you ?????