Exterior trim treatment

Looking for some trim restorer for exterior. Something that is good for older black trim that needs to bring the black back. Looking for a Satin finish, not a greasy high gloss finish and something that won't spot up or streak in rain..
Thanks in advance..
doug m

heck

Advanced Helper
I use: http://www.poorboysworld.com/trim-restorer.htm
Trim Restorer is a long lasting unique dressing, with a patented UV absorber for ultimate protection of exterior and interior surfaces. Restorer is unmatched on grained trim, bumpers, vinyl, leather, dashboards, tires and engine compartment plastics. A must for the enthusiast or show car.

NOT GREASY or STICKY
DRIES TO THE TOUCH
LONG LASTING
DOESN’T STREAK

G

Gus-Gus

With Trim Restore you want to make sure you give it a quick wipe down after application on some trim as it seems to bead a little on softer plastics and rubbers.. just bust out a trusty terry towel and give it a quick buff and you should be golden!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes, as Gus said if using Trim Restorer, make sure it fully cures and feels dry, then buff really well with a cotton cloth .. NOT microfiber!!

Sometime as a substitute approach where I know rain run off might be an issue, Bold N Bright may be used as a cleaner on old rubber and trim by scrubbing with a soft nylon brush and then rinsing off..a light buff and it looks great... this works especially well with soft toneau covers too, and sprayed in liners of pick-ups.. ;)

van185

Advanced Helper
I've used almost everything on trim and have found that PoorboysTrim Restorer is probably the best that I've used. I use it on all my details. One bottle will really last a long time. A little goes a long ways. One of my favorite product Poorboys offers.