Expedition trim

DF5.4

Helper
I have a black 2007 Ford Expedition. It has the black plastic trim. I'm looking for something to clean the trim. The truck has the running boards with the plastic covers. I'm also looking for something that I can clean them and not leave them like a skating rink.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
If you mean just clean, either shampoo or apc will work.
If you want some oxidation cleaning, Trim Restorer would help.
As to the slipperiness, if you apply lightly and buff it off, it shouldn't be too bad.
If you find it too slick, you could clean again with apc.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I like to use Bold N Bright on my running boards ... spray on ... scrub with a nylon brush and then buff thoroughly with cotton towels ... this will make them look new and not slippery ... Trim Restorer can also be used similarly, but apply with a foam paint brush or sponge, let it dry and then buff thoroughly with cotton ...not microfiber :smt002

P

pgcobravert

I use the Trim Restorer on my Explorer running boards. I apply to all trim surfaces, then go around and wipe with towel, to give a "new" look. I have never had an issue with slippery running board.

P

Pockets

pgcobravert said:
I use the Trim Restorer on my Explorer running boards. I apply to all trim surfaces, then go around and wipe with towel, to give a "new" look. I have never had an issue with slippery running board.

Yes, that's the perfect process if you wipe it down with a cotton towel there should be no slickness to it :wink: