Engine clean up and new hood shocks

kitzy

Advanced Helper
This past weekend I finally got around to installing the hood shocks I got for Christmas. Pictures obviously needed to be taken of each new mod but I wasn't having it with a dirty engine. It wasn't bad but needed to be better.

Sooo...
Spray and Wiped everything that I could.
Trim Restore on all plastics that I could get my hands on.
And for the none PB product used, Megs Hyperdressing on the couple of spots I couldn't get near with my hand.

And, for what it's worth, in these pictures, the car has Black Hole and Liquid Natty's Blue.

Hood-Shocks-03.jpg

Hood-Shocks-02.jpg

Hood-shocks-01.jpg

This one just because it's pretty!

Mustang-Front-End.jpg

And random Ninja! :smt027

kitzy

Advanced Helper
It didn't. It wasn't too dirty but it wasn't clean either. It really made a big difference.

mcate

Advanced Helper
I really like those Redline Tuning struts. I put MRT ones on my '09 because they didn't require drilling, but they cause the hood to bow a bit. A friend of mine has the Redlines on his 2010 GT 500, & has no visible bowing.

kitzy

Advanced Helper
Yeah. I hear ya on the drilling. I didnt like the idea of drilling in to new vehicle, especially one that hasn't even required it first oil change yet. Haha. It really couldn't have been meeting painless though. The directions are very clear and in some instances they give multiple placea to measure from which almost eliminates the possibility of a screw up. The only part I did wrong was on the bottom end of the strut, I had it facing the wrong way. When the hood is closed, the opening that clips on to the ball should face up or it unlocks twelfth and pops off. I just failed to read that part and it popped off the third time I closed the hood. 30 second fix.