did a little experiment

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
To take out my frustration of my truck not being ready today from the Body Shop, I decided to do a little experiment.

Using 100% Poorboys.

**note, only the hood was done for this process**

Clayed
PB SSR3, Megs Red cut Pad
PB SSR2.5, Yellow Lake Pad
PB SSR2, White Lake Pad
PB SSR1, Orange Lake Pad
PB Polish with Sealant, Blue Lake Pad
PB EX-P Sealant, Blue Lake Pad, waited 60 min removed MF
PB Natty's original White, Foam applicator.

Findings: Still have some micro marting in the places I didn't breakdown the SSR's on. Will have to do it again when i do the whole car.
I am officially a fan of PB. I am glad too, b/c I bought a ton of it.

Does it take that many steps? No, but I was bored so I wanted to see what it would do. I was impressed with the results.

Result.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Rollingrock said:
To take out my frustration of my truck not being ready today from the Body Shop, I decided to do a little experiment.

Using 100% Poorboys.

**note, only the hood was done for this process**

Clayed
PB SSR3, Megs Red cut Pad
PB SSR2.5, Yellow Lake Pad
PB SSR2, White Lake Pad
PB SSR1, Orange Lake Pad
PB Polish with Sealant, Blue Lake Pad
PB EX-P Sealant, Blue Lake Pad, waited 60 min removed MF
PB Natty's original White, Foam applicator.

Findings: Still have some micro marting in the places I didn't breakdown the SSR's on. Will have to do it again when i do the whole car.
I am officially a fan of PB. I am glad too, b/c I bought a ton of it.

Does it take that many steps? No, but I was bored so I wanted to see what it would do. I was impressed with the results.

Here's where i think the micro-marring came from ..SSR1 with an orange pad :wink:

Next time use the Orange pad with the SSR2.5 , skip the SSR2, use SSR1 with either the white polishing pad or blue finishing pad and the on to the PwS etc...

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
Good tip thanks, I think i didn't got all the marring out with the SSR3 and the Red Meg cut pad. I got all fixated with this one area and didn't get all the spots...actually I didn't see them until I finished.

I think the previous owener of the car put a cardboard box on the hood and drug the darn thing off near the corner and I didn't catch it.

I plan on redoing her car in the next 90 days or so. I am going mark up all the trouble spots with a high power light and grease marker so I don't miss any.

Gotta tell you, PB makes some good stuff. Sure is fun to get the results I am getting.