Claying

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
Short and simple

Can I clay a car and wait a week or so before I hit it with SSR's, sealant and wax?

The car will sit outside (not driven) in the weather until I can get to it again. I know I will, more than likely, have to wash the car again, but are there any other concerns?

Thanks Trent

cwcad

Helper
The short and simple answer is yes you can. The next question is why would you want to clay and then leave the vehicle relatively unprotected for a week as it sits outside? It should only take a few minutes to put a layer of protection on your vehicle while you wait to complete the detail. It you plan on using the SSR line a few days later those products will clean the paint surface and you will have prepared the surface to put on another layer of your choose LSP

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
Being relatively new to the world of detailing, the few cars that I have done, I have clayed and completed the process right away.

But the holiday season gave me some weird hours and time frames to get my spare car done. I went ahead and clayed the car on Xmas eve and ended up waiting until New Years Day to use the SSR's and EXP on it.

Thanks for your response.