Can the Natty Waxes be reformed?

kb2ehj

Helper
I purchased one tub each of the blue and red Natty Waxes just recently, these were both used, somebody was getting rid of stuff they didn't need.

Both products look cracked and have 'large' cuts in them like somebody scooped product out. Can these be placed in a double boiler and remelted and once removed will they reset into a solid form?

thanks Mark

kb2ehj

Helper
Thank you for the update.

Well hopefully I won't have to use any of my fire fighting skills in my own home.

Mark

R

rossmeister

yes you can do that, but be careful as there are PD's that can be flamable :shock:

Okay, I realize this thread is over two years old. How about if I leave my pot of Natty's Blue Paste in the hot sun for an hour or so?

G

Gus-Gus

i would think you need a little more heat than that... maybe if you had a double boiler it would work better as you are not getting direct heat but more of a residual

R

rossmeister

i would think you need a little more heat than that... maybe if you had a double boiler it would work better as you are not getting direct heat but more of a residual

Bummers. I thought that since it works for #845, it might work for Natty's Blue Paste. But then again 845 is already a liquid, so not much heat is needed to soften it. Oh well, my current pot is still good. Gosh I love that smell! LOL

My Natty's Red is cracked as well. I've never used it but I plan on claying my Dad's truck this weekend and wanted to coat it with Natty's Red. So whats the easiest way to reform it?

ronkh

Da King
My Natty's Red is cracked as well. I've never used it but I plan on claying my Dad's truck this weekend and wanted to coat it with Natty's Red. So whats the easiest way to reform it?

Why reform it? Just use it. It'll be fine. Don't sweat the asthetics. It will work fine