Bug Squash in WW

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
It has been suggested that Bug Squash can be added to windshield fluid to aid in the removal of bug guts.

Has anyone experimented with dilutions?

I've noticed that the store bought bug washes tend to leave some hazy film behind. Does Bug Squash added to winter WW do the same?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
i think an ounce or two is about enough .. it actually seems to make the glass clearer ...

P

photog_gabe

Interesting. I'll definitely be trying this when I receive my BS. Will it be safe to leave runoff BS on the car paint when using it was washer fluid? Mine seems to overshoot the windshield a bit.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
It has been suggested that Bug Squash can be added to windshield fluid to aid in the removal of bug guts.

Has anyone experimented with dilutions?

I've noticed that the store bought bug washes tend to leave some hazy film behind. Does Bug Squash added to winter WW do the same?

Im curious as well. I bought a detailing brand (brand X) as I wanted to upgrade and it does seem to work better but I still get shiny spots on my paint where the residue pools or drips. So unless I really need to use the washers I just stop and use a bottle of cleaner I have in the car. If BS can be added to regular fluid and doesn't leave a film I'd be very interested in that.

on a side note I hate it when you just wash your car, then when you are out on the road some guy uses his wipers and all the fluid goes over his car and all over mine. :(

BigLeegr

Staff member
I don't have the definitive answer, but so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects on my paint. Considering the high dilution of Bug Squash into the WW reservoir, I doubt there would be any wax stripping being done. I haven't noticed any brand of WW fluid making my paint shinier when the residue dries. That's kind of interesting. Mine usually got sort of whitish.

As to the overshooting of the fluid, unless you have some permanently set jets, you should be able to adjust the angle and direction. They make tools specific for this task. A sturdy sewing needle might also work.

BigLeegr

Staff member
So, another bump. Anyone have any further tales to regale us with?

ronkh

Da King
2 oz added all cars.

works great. helps love bugs

20140507_131259_zpszb6ytax9.jpg