Best way to apply EX-p

D

dads gt

Yellow foam apllicator, mf applicator or 100% cotton towel???

Do u apply it sparingly,or somewhat thick???

Tanks...

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Whichever you're most comfortable with. I use foam mostly. I find MF and terry cotton absorb a bit more product. I also often apply via machine (PC). I get more even/thin coats.

You should apply it thinly/sparingly. Thicker just means more to wipe off.

awd330

Advanced Helper
For EX-P, I generally apply the first layer by machine (dual action Porter Cable) with a soft foam finishing pad. I apply subsequent layers by hand with a foam applicator. My favorite is currently the Viking "door knob" style model, but I believe that has been discontinued.

Apply EX-P thinly using a slightly damp applicator.

D

dads gt

I did apply with a slightly damp foam applicator. Worked well!! I may have applied too much, but it was not a problem removing it. I did not let it haze that long, basically , I apllied then removed right away. Because of temps up here, I will let it cure at least 3 days before applying another coat :D

B

buja

hey all sorry to bring up this old thread , but i'm wondering when you all say apply most of poorboys products using a slight damp foam applicator, what do you guys spritz it with ?

water or any kind of qd ?
im hoping water is fine ?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
water is fine, but don't get the applicator wet, just damp ...spread it super thin and it will come off really easy... spread it think and you're in for some work... also apply a second coat about an hour later to ensure full coverage and then try and keep the vehicle dry for 24-72 hours :D

T

thatick

Quick question about the application of EX-P by hand? How much am i suppose to work this into the paint? Am i suppose to just lightly spread it or should i really work it in?

Thanks

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
thatick said:
Quick question about the application of EX-P by hand? How much am i suppose to work this into the paint? Am i suppose to just lightly spread it or should i really work it in?

Thanks

spread it as thin as you can get it ... it doesn't get worked into the paint