Been a bit slow around here

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Since it seems that either people are coming and not posting or no one has been detailing :sad:

To get some of you to post, let's have a contest.

To win you must do a detail with complete write up of each step including products, pads, machines and speeds at each step if used. Pictures at each step would be nice, but not mandatory.

What do the winners get?

Each winner will get ... well it's a surprise :smt016

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Now that the temps are getting cooler and into the lower 90's, I might be able to get a full detail done.

G

Gus-Gus

:( im not allowed to enter any contests!

but im going to be detailing the wifes Rogue and my Altima possibly one this weekend and the other next weekend.. i will be sure to post!

G

Gus-Gus

Sweet... although i sense a trap :) ok then guess i got to remember what i do now.. lol

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Well I suppose I better enter. I cleaned up a 2011 Lincoln MKX yesterday that had a beautiful metallic finish and it really sparkled when done. The weather was horrible but the owner wanted it done anyway. I just have the after pics to post.... it started raining buffers and pads!

Products used:

- PC 7424
- PB 6.5 Black CCS
- PB SS&S
- PB S&R
- PB Clay
- PB BnB
- PB PwC
- PB Wheel Sealant
- Natty's Red

First I started with soaking the wheels and exhaust tips down with Spray and Rinse, as there was heaving brake dust inside and out. I also cleaned the wheel wells at this time. Once I finished with all the wheels, I then rinsed and cleaned the engine, blew excess water out via leaf blower I started and let it run for 5 min. Once dry I treated with diluted BnB. After that was complete, I rinsed the car entirely and proceeded with the wash. I once again took the leaf blower and blew out all the excess water after rinsing and then dried. Once the car was completely dried off, it received a really good claying and boy was it bad!!

This is just from a couple of panels ...
IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7908.jpg

Once I had all of that done, I pulled out the Porter Cable and got to work. I used the black 6.5" pad with PwC at speed 1 to spread out and then speed 4 to polish and protect the finish. I went over the whole car entirely and let it setup for close to an hour. While I waited I treated the freshly S&R cleaned wheels with some WS. I made sure to get around all the spokes and tight areas. After the WS was applied I decided to take a Mountain Dew Super Nova break and let everything finish drying to a nice haze.

IMG_7910.jpg

Once hazed up, I took my UF wax removing towel and removed all the PwC to a brilliant shine. I know the PwC is enough protection, but I thought to myself, why not add some Natty's? After all this was a new customer that came to me from a referral, so I better make it pop for her. So, I applied a nice buttery pleasing to the nose coat of Natty's red. While that was drying I went ahead and applied my BnB with a tire swipe to the Michelin's. One nice light coat really made them stand out! After that was complete I buffed off the WS to reveal a Super clean and shiny clear coated aluminum wheel. At that time, I also went ahead and used the diluted BnB in a spritz bottle on the black grilled inserts, lower fascia plastic, lower side moldings and rear bumper plastic. Once that was all done it was time to buff off the Natty's. I went around the car one more time to give it a once over for any wax residue, quickly wiped off the dash (didn't ask for interior to be done), squirted a little QD+ on the instrument plastic to make it totally invisible and sprayed a few squirts of the Cherry scent. The rain was ridiculous, so I decided to back it out anyway seeing how it wasn't going to stop anytime soon and got some beeding shots. She was happy and is having me do her '08 Avalanche Monday. The weather is looking great next week! :smt033

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7889.jpg

IMG_7900.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

Pre-rain pics ..... don't mind the reflection shot of my messy garage and white bags of zucchini...

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

IMG_7874.jpg

ronkh

Da King
Nice job..

IMHO I would have left it in garage as long as poss, since the red has sealant in it tooooooooo. (oops, did i give away a trade secret?)

But I do love beading pics and you earned those beads.

Bet the customer was impressed.

S

Sal329

I have some details I have been doing but sadly I have not used PB products besides DMT towels

S

Sal329

sorry to hear that but we do have an open forum here for you to post those details

http://poorboysworld.net/board/forumdisplay.php?51-Open-Product-Discussion-Forum

I know Steve just feels wrong because you have been very helpful and I do want to try a lot of your products but waiting until I run out of others. I was VERY VERY impressed with Bold and Bright. I detailed a Yaris, was showing the owner how I use the Meg microfiber system. Well he had BNB on his tires he said was about a month old, we pressure washed the car, foamed with APC and Citrus was to remove old LSP and were careful not to spray directly on the tires but some ran down onto the tires and after the detail wow the tires still looked awesome. He applied it via a sprayer he said. I will surely be getting some BNB, would like to try Polish with Sealant on quick details. I have Pro Polish and Polish 2 I need to try, I also have Trim Restorer but haven't had much luck with it on the trim on my Accord but I think I need a better method of applying or something.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
it's understood Sal, but we went with a new format as we know most people use a variety of different products as I have done in the past before Poorboy's World existed. Trying new stuff is part of the fun for some people and others are just happy when they find a look that they like, of which I can happily say we have quite a few :D