B.H, Natty Blue, EXP,Polish with Sealant, Polish with carnuba.

Larry A

Advanced Helper
These are the 5 Poorboys products that I have. Which products or combination of products will last thru the winter, till the end of March anyhow.

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Nice lineup you have. I would go with Black Hole work it in around speed 3 if you have a pc. Then EX-P topped with a couple coats of Natty's Blue. You might want to wait a day or so after applying the EX-P before you coat with Natty's.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Nice lineup you have. I would go with Black Hole work it in around speed 3 if you have a pc. Then EX-P topped with a couple coats of Natty's Blue. You might want to wait a day or so after applying the EX-P before you coat with Natty's.

Yeah I'd go that way and add one extra coat of EX-P to ensure total coverage ;)

heck

Advanced Helper
I have been running my Griots on speed 1 with Black hole & White diamond with good success.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I have been running my Griots on speed 1 with Black hole & White diamond with good success.

you really need to work it in a little more than just spread it out .. you will see it's true potential...

C

craig

I detailed my car in November using polish with carnauba & 2 coats of Natty's red & so far the car still looks good with good water beading :smt023

C

Chris1276

Yeah I'd go that way and add one extra coat of EX-P to ensure total coverage ;)

How do you mean another coat of EX-P? Does this mean: EX-P (cured in 12hrs) + natty + EX-P again! Or EX-P (2coats) then cure for 12 hrs then EX-P (2coats) cured then natty??
Im kind a confuse about EX-P. it is possible put another coat of EX-P over a newly cured EX-P? Will it make a difference as to become more durable this winter? Will it still bond with the paint eventough its sealed with first application of EX-P?
How EX-P is being applied? Is it section by section apply and wipe,, or apply on the entire vehicle then wipe after full vehicle is covered?
Its my very first time that that ill perform it because its my first car and i wanna do it right!

Thanks !

P

Pockets

by a second coat, we usually mean that you apply a second coat immediately after removing the first coat. The reason for this is not more product but to ensure total coverage. Sealant should be put on super thin, almost to the point where you can't see it, so a second coat will ensure that you do not miss a spot. most people do an entire car before removal.

C

Chris1276

Ok thanks! So whats your thought of putting another coat of EX-P after its cured for 12hours? Is it necessary? Then apply natty after 2 cured EX-P for more durable protection. Or just one coat is good enough before applying those waxes?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would say 2 coats of EX-P is just good sense like Pockets said .. then a couple coats of Natty's and you are good to go ;)

C

Chris1276

I just did apply poorboys EX-P on my car and i was kinda confuse because while im applying it last night the direction said it has to be haze! It didnt haze instead it gets shiny again on the second pass that seems to wipe the sealant itself. I used black foam applicator. So i tend to apply it thicker to convince myself that its applied. Hopefullyi didnt scratch my clearcoat becaeuse it was so dusty when im wiping it off!
Is there a chace that the dust from sealant can scrath the clearcoat?
and when i wash my applicator i just noticed that it dOnt wash off with water the sealant dont dissolve! How can i wash my applicator for my next use?

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
OK Chris1276
I have learned the hard way that a too thin of a coat of EXP is a pain in the ass.. I have applied EXP so thin it did not show a haze until 2-3 days later, I have pushed the limit of cheep and lost. EXP should be applied so you just see a haze of some kind, like a lightly fogged up mirror after a shower. If you are getting the EXP to lift with a pad 1 of 2 things are going on.
1. your pad is not primed enough on the edges, when using a duel action polisher to apply a polish, sealant or wax it is more important the edges of the pad stays lubed with product than the center. As you work the pad what you cannot see is the pad will roll under slightly so be sure to prim the edges of the pads also.
2. your speed is set to high and the product is coagulating and clogging the pad.

as far as cleaning the pad after using EXP. My advice is allow the product to dry out on the pad for a few days and wash it with pad washer formula or a Dawn like soap. this is one of the reasons we like to use 1 pad for 1 product so later on we don't have to deal with cross contamination of products and have to figure out what the hell went wrong.

my process on a black truck that got me threw the winter was EXP x2 Natty's blue x1, this got me from late October to mid to late march.. my truck was never garage kept.

Good Luck.
hope this helped in some way.

C

Chris1276

Ok Beercan31, Thank you so much! Atleast my hardwork last night will pay off.. About applying natty? Can i apply it directly tonight or should i have to wash it again to remove dust from the whole day being exposed outside? How often you natty your truck for thos winter? I know the sealant will last the entire winter but i wanna maintain it with natty for added protection!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
couple of points Chris .. try to do it during the day as the sealant cures best in heat or sunlight unless you have a climate controlled garage ....
You can apply Natty's as often as you want .. at some point, you may get diminishing returns, but i do know people who wax with every wash and their vehicles do look spectacular ...

C

Chris1276

couple of points Chris .. try to do it during the day as the sealant cures best in heat or sunlight unless you have a climate controlled garage ....
You can apply Natty's as often as you want .. at some point, you may get diminishing returns, but i do know people who wax with every wash and their vehicles do look spectacular ...
Diminishing return!? Sorry this phrase is not clear to me, does it mean the EX-P is more effective if you dont wash and wax it more often? I know that it will look more spectacular if you wash and wax often ontop of it. But my main concern is for protection of paint this winter! So do you think i should wash and wax less often this winter so that the saelant stays longer in paint! Sorry for too many question im just wanting to learn!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
sorry, it means the more you do it, you may not see any more differences after 3-4 coats (looks wise) you will always be adding more or updating your protection.

yes, the more often you wash the more often you need to wax/seal .. every wash is an abrasion to a micro layer of protection ;)