Attacked by Woodpecker !!!

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I went out last night to look at down spouts before today's rain and lo and behold I see this :shock:

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

I get out a ladder and take a closer look :mad:

IMAG0441.jpg

What a PITA !!!!

Fortunately I happened to have some wood putty and filled it in at least temporarily ...

Mentioned it to the wife :smt061 and she says she heard nothing :smt075

How do i get rid of this bird :smt100

G

Gus-Gus

Well if its digging holes.. its looking for bugs.. if its looking for bugs.. you have a bigger problem on your hand than the bird.. is it making a nest? honestly i have never seen a woodpecker attack a house.. maybe try hanging a few plastic bags outside so when the wind blows they make noise.. that should scare the bugger off.. or get a fake owl and put it on your roof..

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-woodpeckers/

ronkh

Da King
Well if its digging holes.. its looking for bugs.. if its looking for bugs.. you have a bigger problem on your hand than the bird.. is it making a nest? honestly i have never seen a woodpecker attack a house.. maybe try hanging a few plastic bags outside so when the wind blows they make noise.. that should scare the bugger off.. or get a fake owl and put it on your roof..

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-woodpeckers/

Gus is right. Better get exterminator for bugs.

DO NOT CALL town etc for help with the little pecker. We did that years ago at my mothers house. THey tell you, that you have to capture it and have it relocated.

Just have Chris come and take some target practice w it. (and keep the putty knife handy)

awd330

Advanced Helper
If that bird is harmed, the wrath of Marj will rain down upon you. :smt075

Call a bug exterminator, then hang a suet cake and/or fresh peanuts in a nearby tree to provide an alternate source of food for the woodpecker.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
so far the putty is holding , been to rainy to really fix it right ... I will have to replace the shingles and as pockets can attest I can take out the bird with a tennis ball and he won't return ... Marj if you want to move it, you are more than welcome to try.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
well the update is that I patched the holes and Pockets painted it and you can hardly tell the house was attacked ... now i wait for his return :smt066