All I can say is "WOW!"

J

jgrasty

Y'all:

Completed my first PB detailing today. My car is new, purchased in January, but I'd suffered a monster bird poop mark in the first week that left a mark nearly 2 inches in diameter, even though I cleaned it off immediately. The weather was very nice here in Dallas, so I had an opportunity to fix the bird poop mark and also to apply EX.

My car was very clean (I'd washed it last weekend) so I used some QD (regrettably not PB, as it was out of stock when I ordered from Autogeek) to clean the dust off the car. I then made a pass with Pro Polish on the bird mark using the PC with a gray finishing pad set to 5. Hmm, a little reduction, but not much. Made another pass with PP with the PC set to 6, a little more reduction of the mark. A third pass was made, still more reduction of the bird mark, but clearly, needed something a bit stronger. I then used 3 passes with SSR1 and that did the trick. I also had SSR2.5, but didn't want to try it, since this was my first experience with a PC. I QD-ed the area and got ready to put on EX.

I put on EX using a microfiber pad, dampened with water and rubbed by hand a thin coat of EX over the entire car. I let it haze for about 10 minutes (it being quite warm with about a foot of the car in sunlight, the rest in shade). My son and I then wiped off the car using microfiber towels and the result was truly stunning! I've never seen a car look as good as my G35 does now. And I haven't even put the 2nd coat on yet, or the followup coat of Natty's.

Total time was about an 1-1/2 hours. I'm one happy G35 owner!

Regards,

Joey :D

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Welcome Joey,

Wait until you get the second coat and then top with Natty's ....you will be surprised :D

If you ever get a stain from a bird, use the Pro Polish and a cotton towel vs the PC ..the combination of cotton towel and Pro Polish will pull the stain right out of the finish :wink:

J

jgrasty

Pictures

Hello, all:

I posted a couple of pictures of my G35 with two coats of EX over at G35Driver:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144317

I also took a couple of pictures after I topped with Natty's, but the pictures look virtually identical. I guess the camera can't really capture the depth added by Natty's.

Regards,

Joey