A few suggestions

budman3

*Try to get the thinnest coat you can for a few reasons. The thinner the layer, the easier it will be to remove. The second is that you'll actually be saving products.

*Wait 12-24 hours before applying duplicate coats of LSP's. You can possibly apply a 2nd coat the same day to ensure coverage on the whole vehicle but there will be no added durability. Make sure surface is clean before additional coats.

*Shake products well

*Read the directions

blkyukon

Helper
Exactly..thin, thin, thin!! Great advice. I usually always apply 2 coats to ensure total coverage too.

Also, there is no need to work a non abrasive LSP in, so apply with little or no pressure.

G

GTScott

Just to add from my huge supply of wisdom...

- Back and forth and up and down motions instead of circular patterns. This one took me a while to get used to or believe in but I am now confident that this is the way to go.

-GT

cwcad

Helper
I concur, GT. Thin application. Strait lines. Light pressure. IF it was easy then every body would be doing it.

R

Rob

There is a concensus on the direction, thickness, and pressure... but how about the time between coats? I prefer to wait 1-2 hours (but then again I am bred to be impatient!!!!)

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I usually wait until my next waxing before I put another coat of LSP on. I get enough looks going through the polishing step before waxing without them thinking "that durn fool's plum forgot that he already done put a coat o' wax on his car!" :roll:

M

Mike T

BigLeegr said:
I usually wait until my next waxing before I put another coat of LSP on. I get enough looks going through the polishing step before waxing without them thinking "that durn fool's plum forgot that he already done put a coat o' wax on his car!" :roll:
:lol: