2004 Jaguar S-type

J

jakobsob

Hi everyone,

As some of of you may have seen, I posted in the product application forum, as I had some questions about which pads to use for which products etc – for my first time using a DA!

I don't have as many photos during the different steps as I'd like, after watching them I realize it's more before-after but I hope you enjoy them anyway :grin:

These are some quick before photos, they were also in that other thread I mentioned:

josnK.jpg

RErUU.jpg

A nice hit and run:
yukCM.jpg

hhsmY.jpg

7v1R9.jpg

XRhR6.jpg

v2gfb.jpg

eckSG.jpg

These were the products I used:

mZPFy.jpg

Slick&Suds
APC
SSR2
SSR1
Pro Polish
PwC Blue
Black Hole
EX
Bold&Bright
QD+
Leather cleaner from Turtle, when the bottle's empty I think I'll expand my collection by getting PB LeatherStuff :)
Dodo RedMist
Leather airfreshener
Lusso Glass Polish
AutoFinesse Citrus Power
Natty's Red
Lare EPL-41 DA polish

Before the wash:

0nZUM.jpg

some nasty bird dropping here and there
kGHww.jpg

8cLIf.jpg

Weird oxidation (?) stripe down the left side of the hood, pleased to say it is GONE now due to some SSR2/SSR2/Pro Polish magic :grin:

tBZsL.jpg

Apart from the normal dust and road grime I try to keep it in pretty good shape (often washing with Slick&Suds etc)

mfDBx.jpg

rKTzC.jpg

TnyXI.jpg

yZAy7.jpg

B7Ldr.jpg

jOoHI.jpg

W7sfI.jpg

J

jakobsob

Part 2 (photo limit...)

p9nLv.jpg

ttLMZ.jpg

jQAKI.jpg

Already looking much better the washing!
pQ2AV.jpg

FBSbh.jpg

mRJvy.jpg

sTKmL.jpg

0BWH0.jpg

All taped up, this is after SSR2 (orange Flexipad) and SSR1 (yellow Flexipad)
NAw77.jpg

Looking good so far!
cWWjp.jpg

bbKKJ.jpg

I am so impressed with the Pro Polish! Love that product!
YwLOj.jpg

baAdt.jpg

ONFuY.jpg

oTn9B.jpg

PwC blue:
H2oTW.jpg

JdmHb.jpg

StNTJ.jpg

EX hazing up nicely:
lZvSv.jpg

dakYM.jpg

J

jakobsob

Nearing the end
79ekT.jpg

LTc9j.jpg

mlp15.jpg

C5jZ7.jpg

BNp1X.jpg

YCc9b.jpg

1K2U0.jpg

fsZK7.jpg

kLrxt.jpg

I am so happy with the result, love the products! I still have some minor scratches around, but they were too big a deal for SSR2, will have to step it up a little bit next time :)

Hope you enjoyed the photos :)

Jakob

sscully

Advanced Helper
Turned out great. That was a lot of work to get it to this point, but now it will be so much easier to keep in this condition.

After a wash you can give it a quick shot with PwC and it will bring back the pop again.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
nice work Jakob ... yes, some scratches will not only need a stronger attack, but may also need a stronger machine at times

J

jakobsob

Thanks guys! :)

After a wash you can give it a quick shot with PwC and it will bring back the pop again

I just bought the Super Slick & Wax. Would a wash with this and PwC after, be a good combo? :)

nice work Jakob ... yes, some scratches will not only need a stronger attack, but may also need a stronger machine at times

Yeah I figured, but as of now, I am really comfortable with the stuff i have available, so i won't sweat it too much :)

Wow! Impressive before/after delta. That Jag is is absolutely gorgeous! Nice work!

Thanks, I am really satisifed with the result! :)

sscully

Advanced Helper
Thanks guys! :)

I just bought the Super Slick & Wax. Would a wash with this and PwC after, be a good combo? :)

I use the SS&W for washing and in my foam cannon, Works great.

Might not need PwC each time, but you will get to the point of that just detailed look that PwC gives the paint, you might find yourself doing every time :smt023