14 year old Fire truck

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
not sure where to start, haven't done this in a long while.. Brag that is.

here goes

this is a fire truck I've been playing with for a few years. Exterior is my sole job, cab is a shared job, meaning we all completely clean the cab.
to give you some back ground on this truck, it is never taken out of service which means everything must be done in small sections so if the tones were to go off this truck is out the door. what we do is keep all equpiment in top shape, clean, free of defects and ready for service we compete with other fire departments mostly fro bragging rights for a year but also for a plastic trophy.

All products used this year are Poorboy's.

this truck had 3 people working on it
1 man - Equipment safety
1 man - under carriage cleaning and greasing all fittings.
1 man - exterior cleaning, polishing, waxing
I know for fact 1 - man had 16 night and 96 hrs on polishing alone.

this is the rear deck diamond plate, all grab handles, labels and safety tags were removed. polished diamond plate and reinstalled.
before
2012-08-10_18-29-40_808.jpg

yes I know the after photo was taken from a different distance and angle. to some it matters to me it don't.
just look at the depth of reflection. oooh ahhh.
After
2012-08-19_17-03-01_301.jpg

few more
here shows a step removed and the upper diamond plate was 1/2 way done. it had one more process to go
Before
2012-08-10_19-39-29_101.jpg

After (blurry photo)
2012-08-10_20-26-02_93.jpg

Before
2012-08-12_11-12-47_233.jpg

After
2012-08-12_11-13-46_38.jpg

its time to take it outside and look her over for spots we missed
Finished
IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

remember this is a 14 year old truck. the best complement we received was from the Pierce sales manager when he walked around the truck and kept saying "I did not sell you theses options" he though he was looking at our 2 year old truck. when he was told he was looking at our 14yr old he just stood there with his mouth opened....SPEECHLESS.

here are the trophy's she brought home
IMG_1316.jpg

Product list:
Pro polish
pro polish 2
SSR 2.5
SSR 1.0
Nattys Red
Nattys blue

Equipment list
Cyclo model 5
Makita Polisher 9227-c
Flex 3401 VRG

Nourah

Woman of the World
I've said it before & I will say it again . . . "ooooh, shiny!!"

Seriously, I am in awe of the outstanding job you all do! Great Job, Old Man!

:smt061

G

Gus-Gus

Looking good... i noticed some scratches on the lower window of the drivers door... im guessing where someones boot would scratch it.. ever try some pro polish on it to see if they would come out? :)

P

Pockets

Wow Rich it looks so much better up on the big screen than it does on the phone. You would pass out if you saw the condition of our trucks haha beautiful job as always bud

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
Looking good... i noticed some scratches on the lower window of the drivers door... im guessing where someones boot would scratch it.. ever try some pro polish on it to see if they would come out? :)

it's not a window....... it's a polished stainless steel interior door covers that have deep scratches, to deep to polish out.

G

Gus-Gus

well then i stand corrected.. i didnt look at the picture close enough.. if that isnt a window thats one hell of a shine on it.. good job old timer :)