work truck + poorboys

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
So due to being lazy and busy, more so lazy :smt003 I've put off doing a heavy detail on my truck I picked up last year. I picked it up from a buddy I went to high school with, that a couple years ago I worked with his construction company and it was worked like any construction tool. Now I own it, and am starting my own pressure washing & detailing company early next year, and it needs to look better haha.

As you'll see in the pictures its all damage is in the truck bed mainly, while we were hauling stuff and slinging block into it.

I'm going to tackle this one by
-any damage down to body panels, black enamel paint pen
-mastercut + 100% wool on rotary
-pp2 + 75%wool/25%poly on rotary
-pp2 + foamed wool on rotary

I'm not bothering with claying this project, due to master + rotary works so heavy oversprays coming off like butter. Some detailers I've met over the years have a problem with this, but you guys see the paint condition, if you'd even call it paint. For anyone unsure, you always start with clay before any paint correction, but this is not a common detail. I only use mastercut on wetsanded panels, and car accident panels that people want buffed instead of repaint.

Yesterday I filled the deepest (they're all deep haha) scratches with enamel, and will fire up the rotary in a few minutes after my coffee.

More pictures coming :cool:

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I would love to see the results after the rotary wool and Master Cut.
I'm taking a chance with Master Cut when I get the time. Would you say that you lose a bit of cut when pairing it with a Flex 3401.
I'm going to try to remove major swirls on a 98 Marquis.

The PP and PP2 didn't really do much using an orange flat pad. I was going to try a white pad first with the MC.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Got some updated pics:

shot of the gear being used

shot of side after touch up, before rotary

shot of side, rotary + mastercut + 100% wool. 2 passes

shot of side, rotary + pp2 + wool/poly blend. 2 passes

swirl view angle, after touchup, before rotary

swirl vew angle, rotary + pp2 + wool/poly pad. finish was so clean, I get to skip the foamed wool step.

swirl view angle, rotary + mastercut + 100% woolpad. note the kickass holograms heavy correction leaves behind.

holograms removed

while I had the pp2 out, it was time to destroy the oxidation on my toolbox. pics speak for themselves.

before

during

halfie

Finally getting to work with these products more in depth, made me love them just as much as I expected to. I still have a lsp to finish up on the truck after lunch here.

If anyone was on the fence of any on these products, these are how they handle under "uncorrectable circumstances" with paint (as in really needs a re-paint). At least for me, of the products I've used, poorboys worked excellent.

Last edited:

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Would you say that you lose a bit of cut when pairing it with a Flex 3401.

Rotary's will have extra cut over any dual action polisher. But I'd put the flex 3401 at the top (or tied in there) for DA polisher paint correction capabilities.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Truck got finished up with LNB. I'd of like to do a PwS + LNB, but had to help out with xmas lights :smt004

Sunlight made for a bad picture, but its shining deep, that's for sure.

Edit: truck and trailer rims sealed up with poorboy's wheel sealant. they look, and smell great.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Good eye! Very close, that's my mom's 78 coupe deville. Most odd setup I've seen of a longitude v8 paired with a fwd transmission, I don't know if that was the only year they did that?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Good eye! Very close, that's my mom's 78 coupe deville. Most odd setup I've seen of a longitude v8 paired with a fwd transmission, I don't know if that was the only year they did that?

only an Eldorado had fwd in 78 ... the Coupes started fwd in the mid 80's with the down sized body and smaller engine .. your mom should have a 425 (7Liter)

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
its beyond a garage queen, my mom and dad bought it in 78, and it has 20,xxx original miles. has some issues of rust where the hard/soft top meets the body, but it runs and drives. it's a boat! haha