Will Black Hole Remove Wax or Sealant

B

bswombaugh

I know that PBBH is designed to be topped with a wax or a sealant. My question is : Can I continue to use it as a temporary gloss enhancing topper over my LSP without fear of stripping it off ? I currently have a Jet Black vehicle that I have applied the PBBH and topped with Collinite 845. I would like to be able to continue to apply the glaze after each wash to conceal swirls and add gloss without having to constantly polish the paint.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
You can technically use on top of a wax, and since there are no cutting properties of BH I wouldn't see it stripping waxes/sealants down. But as with heat, humidity, and I'd have to guess often DA polishing (the pad) will wear waxes/sealants down quicker than leaving them alone.

The reason people always seal/wax over it, is for the longevity of the product now that there is a layer over it meant for exterior protection. As you said, you will have to apply it whether after you wash, or as it wears away.

Every case can be different, but you should roughly be able to achieve the finish you like by layering BH or a glaze prior to your next wax/sealant step. If still some imperfections are left, a carnuba quick detailer (like qd+) can help extend your paint preservation, and help hide minute swirls.

Just something to think about, if you're applying a glaze by machine very often (maybe weekly?), the chances increase for a contaminate getting in there and adding swirls. Maybe you detail inside and this isn't an issue, or are very careful with your detailing. For me that would be a lot of extra work and would consider looking into polishing out the swirls, or getting some prices for having it done.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Johnny pretty much summed it up .. but to simply a little .. you can put on top of other products, but if you are applying Black Hole with a machine, the fiction alone will wear down the LSP (wax/sealant),

but we do have many show car owners that do not use waxes or sealants and apply Black Hole regularly .... note .. the are usually not daily drivers :)

B

bswombaugh

Thanks guys. Just a couple of more questions please. Is there any advantages of applying the glaze with a DA instead of by hand and can the glaze be layered for increased effect ? Thanks !

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Thanks guys. Just a couple of more questions please. Is there any advantages of applying the glaze with a DA instead of by hand and can the glaze be layered for increased effect ? Thanks !

the advantage of the DA is the over evenness of the glaze .. Black Hole / White Diamond are made to level the finish to some degree, with hides swirls and increases shine reflectivity.
A second coat really does not add anything, but it will ensure that you covered everything as I would also recommend when applying a wax or sealant. :)