What was your biggest detailing revelation

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
What was your most profound detailing revelation, maybe something you learned after you thought you knew everything?

For me it was almost a year after I got into this and one of the senior guys here mentioned thatI didn't have to dedicate a pad to a certain product forever. I knew to clean them but I thought that once I used a product with a pad they were linked for eternity....man that would have been expensive!

I thought this might be fun so if you want play along :)

RANDAL

RIP our Friendly Farmer
Never stopped learning. Always problems/crisis that pops up. I used to order the SSR line up till I just started using PP and PP2. Saves on the shelf space. All the SSRs and PPs are wonderful, but for me and what I work on its PP and PP2.

sscully

Advanced Helper
the correct usage of Pro Polish and Spray & Wipe multiple uses.

I was under the misunderstanding that ProPolish was more like SSR1 ( marked as save for plastic ) until I found out the aggressiveness is changed by changing the pad ( white to orange ). I likes the SSR line, I love PP & PP2 ( even use it in the house to clean chrome faucets and the plastic cladding on the outside part of the house windows ). I never used S&W on anything but paint, and once I found out about glass, that was it. I have even used it on engineered wood flooring ( puts a nice shine on it, but it is slick ).

The one that is not PB product usage is for removing ink from fabric.
2 routes

1. 1 cup water, 2 teaspoons or so white vinegar, 1 tablespoon dawn.
Mix it together .. then blot it on the stain .. don't rub .. once it starts breaking up the ink, you can gently rub to make it go faster, but be careful not to spread the ink .

2. Hairspray.
Be careful with this, the ink might run if on a vertical section, and make more of a mess.
Hairspray seems to dissolve the ink. Works best on something that you can get paper towels behind to soak up the ink, as it runs through the fabric.

R

rossmeister

Thought I knew all about detailing. Until I started visiting this forum (and other forums as well). Now I know how truly ignorant I really was. :smt102 I've learned a lot since then, but there's always more to learn. 'Sides, it's fun as heck! LOL

Happy Detailing, everyone!

-Ross

:smt111

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Just had our house painted and got just a little bit of over spray on the windows. PP should work well for removal.