Suggestions for PoorboysWorld.net

M

MikeyC

First, I want to say that Poorboy's is a great line of products. I know I'll always have a place for Poorboy's products in my detailing arsenal.

I do want to say that I also love that Steve has started this forum. I get a lot of questions about Poorboy's from guys in my owners club and I always direct them here for answers.

I do have a couple of suggestions to make this a more user friendly board.

The one thing that drives me insane about reading this forum is that the posts are not dated. It would be nice to know when a post was made so that I know if I'm looking at old news or up to date news.

The other thing I would love to see is a feature most discussion forums have. A front page which lists all the most recently updated threads. It's nice to now which threads are "hot."

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out and see if anyone thought it might help the forum to grow.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
In the upper right hand corner of the forum 'home page" is an option listed as "View posts since last visit." This would let you see what's new since your last visit.
Posts are dated. Right in line with the User ID.
For example:
MikeyC | Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 pm Post subject: Suggestions for PoorboysWorld.net
I agree that a "quick peek" of new posts on the front page is a nice option.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
BigLeegr said:
I
I agree that a "quick peek" of new posts on the front page is a nice option.

I don't think this version has that option but thanks for the suggestions Mike

We will be adding / subtractiing forums as needed and may also condense ..

It's only been about 7 months and we need for more people to share their detailing experience rather than me writing all the "how to" articles..
Maybe a reward or contest :wink:

awd330

Advanced Helper
I also have the issue with missing dates. The problem only occurs if I don't log in and just try to read threads as a "guest".

M

MikeyC

When I look at the website I do now see that there is a "Posted:" field at the top of each post. However, it's blank and no date or time is listed. Is there a way I can fix this?

M

MikeyC

OK. I figured it out. If you don't have the date format field filled out then you get no dates.

Steve,

This isn't something a new board member typically has to fill out on other boards. Is there a way to have the field automically populated for new users?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
MikeyC said:
OK. I figured it out. If you don't have the date format field filled out then you get no dates.

Steve,

This isn't something a new board member typically has to fill out on other boards. Is there a way to have the field automically populated for new users?

Mike,

It does it automatically for me...I'm not sure why you had to fill it out, but I'll someone look into it :wink: