SSRs Do you need them if you have a 3401?

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I finished buying all the PBW supplies I need for now. (I think)
I own a Griots 6" DA and the Flex 3401.
I have PP, PP2, and a bottle of Master Cut. (MC was only to be used on my 98 merc for testing to remove major swirling).
Friends and family mostly are getting PwS topped with Natty (blue or red) unless I need to correct anything.

If I only used the Flex 3401 for correcting, are the Pro polishes all I need. I use LC 5.5" pads...
Any reason to get the SSRs 1,2, & 2.5 ? Are they geared more towards a DA like the PC? (Other than SSR3 for a rotary)

Hoping to get more experience at the detail weekend.

Enjoy your turkey dinners
Shawn

ronkh

Da King
IMHO - The SSR line may finish down a little better. Lately I have been able to do most things with PP line, but have been heading for the ssr's again.

Nothing like jeweling....

P5170018_zpscb449b36.jpg

P5170014_zpsbf844975.jpg

Me I used 2.5 and 1

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Ron, what type polisher are you using? You have that paint looking like a mirror.
I'm going to make a choice on what car to bring in the summer. I'm leaning toward the wife's dark blue ford edge over the white mercury. I'm liking dark colors more after seeing how the paint pops.

Thanks,
Shawn

ronkh

Da King
Ron, what type polisher are you using? You have that paint looking like a mirror.
I'm going to make a choice on what car to bring in the summer. I'm leaning toward the wife's dark blue ford edge over the white mercury. I'm liking dark colors more after seeing how the paint pops.

Thanks,
Shawn

That was with flex 3401

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Nice pics, good info. You guys are making me jealous with your flex's. One day I'll share the joy.. one day :p

sscully

Advanced Helper
I gave my SSR line to a few other people to try it before they buy it.

I have been using PP and PP2 on different aggressive pads for some time with good results.
- it is not suggested, but I will use PP on an Orange Lake Co pad for serious work w/ a Flex.

The Flex is a nice piece of kit, and the LC heads for it allow down to a 4" pad.

I have seen 2 pro detailers say they like the new Bigfoot DAs better than the flex. Then again, they thought the Flex was too "jumpy" on the paint, as if they were fighting it the whole time.
- They say they finish quicker with the Bigfoot and do not feel as worn out. ???

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Thanks for the replies. I think all I need now is some poorboys training when detail weekend comes around.
With my addiction to poorboys products the only things I don't have is SSRs, wheel sealant, and the polish with carnauba's.
Is it possible to have too much of Poorboy's products?

Shawn