SSR2 vs SSR1

K

Krisekca

So ...

I will be using SSR 2.5 with Orange Lake Pad.
Then SSR 2 with White PAD ..

I don't think that I need to use SSR1 ?

Before Wax ?

Is there a big diffrence between SSR1 and SSR2 ? Should I bother with SSR1

I have EXP and White Diamond - I don't think any of those can be used instead of SSR1 ?

Bunky

Advanced Helper
It depends on your expectations and your particular car's paint and polishing technique.

SSR1 should give you a better finish (higher gloss) than finishing with SSR2. Rather than relying on a set routine, you need to make the decision after you finish with the white pad and SSR2. I would be sure do a good wipe down and check the paint over very carefully.

If you are happy with the results, you can stop there. If not, use the SSR1 with a white or black pad (maybe for softer paints) to really add gloss and clean up any pad marring from polishing, etc.

K

Krisekca

SSR 2.5 orange lake
SSR 2 white sonus SFX
XMT #1 blue sonus SFX
EX-P
Fuzion

any comments ?

can I use SSR2 with Orange ...
and XMT1 with white ...
and EXP
FUZION ?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I know SSR1 shouldn't be used with an orange pad, and I think it's the same with 2, but not absolutely positive.
I haven't used the Autogeek products you mentioned, so I can't help you there.

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
From what I understand - you should only use SSR 2 with a white CCS pad or polishing pad.

I have always used 2.5 with an CCS orange pad (sometimes CCS white pad) and then gone straight to SSR 1 with a CCS white polishing pad. This finishes out real nice.