SSR2.5 breakdown stages with PC

blkyukon

Helper
Below shows how SSR2.5 breaks down using the Porter Cable.

Time or passes for the polish to breakdown will depend on temperature, humidity, pad, pressure, speed & speed of movement, so look for the final stage of polish instead of the amount of time or passes.

The amount of SSR2.5 I use for ~ a 2'x2' area

02.jpg

I spread it around a little before turning on the PC

03.jpg

This is spreading it in the work area at speed 3- 4

04.jpg

Turned it up to speed 5-6 and started working it in (stages of breakdown)

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Broken down and ready to be removed

08.jpg

09.jpg

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
blkyukon

Very nice write up. good visual also.

May I ask a questions?
On your PC is there a speed difference in rpm between 5.5 and 6 on mine there is not.just wondering

Tnx

blkyukon

Helper
Beercan31 said:
blkyukon

Very nice write up. good visual also.

May I ask a questions?
On your PC is there a speed difference in rpm between 5.5 and 6 on mine there is not.just wondering

Tnx

Thanks!! To answer your question...no it's 5 or 6 - there is no 5.5

S

skyline

Cool...so, as long as you're using the PC, there's no need to follow this with SSR 1? I've heard that hand applications need SSR1 to take care of hazing that may occur.

F

FP

Do you really get out all the swirls and webs?

Maybe I'm just a bit anal, but I dont want to see any fine scratches, swirls, or webs after polishing. If I put a light on it, will it be swirls free?
:?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
skyline said:
Cool...so, as long as you're using the PC, there's no need to follow this with SSR 1? I've heard that hand applications need SSR1 to take care of hazing that may occur.
It depends on your skill as well as pad used. If you were to use an orange pad and hurry, you will likely have marring/haze to remove.
As you can tell, blkyukon is very skilled. His results aren't a guarantee that everyone will be able to go straight to waxing after SSR2.5, but rather a demonstration of what can be accomplished and how to accomplish it. I see/hear lots of people that rush the job and wonder why they didn't get the same results as shown. It takes time, patience, skill and finesse.
FP-I can't answer that for you, as I don't know what skill level you have. You may see marring, you may not. As you can see, lights were used in the demonstration.
Hope this helps.