SSR2.5 Application - Non Auto surface

sscully

Advanced Helper
Figured this is the best place to ask this, defect removal on Corian solid surface using SSR2.5

I have a few scratches, and in the process of getting the hang of new products, I find other than auto to try them on.
Given the Washing Machine and Dryer are considered hard paint, I know how far I pushed the process on them, and what the results were.

Now I am testing out my new to me SSR2.5 ( have SSR1, SSR2 and PP ) on a dark Corian counter top.

I got the idea after I changed the valve body in the hot faucet the other day and while I had the handle apart, I took the handle components apart and PP them to clean up the residue from CLR in them, and to make them look nice ( BTW - No shock, that worked great ).
After this, the top needed some help, dull looking and after hitting it with some PP by hand, it shined up pretty good, but the defects stood out now... OK time to get the flex some pad options and go to town.

Started with PP on a white pad, figured this is a good middle of the road, as we are talking about a solid surface item. Not quite the defect removal I need ( again not a shock, just a less aggressive starting point )

I went to SSR2, no dice so on to the just in this week, SSR2.5 ( yes I know, long way to get there, but working the surface before with 2 products on 3 pads might be useful if/when you get to the question - and me ).

I used a white pad, then green pad with SSR2.5 Flex working my way up to speed 6, moderate pressure.

I had reread the thread on SSR2.5 breakdown stages with PC and it is hard to tell if what I am seeing in the pictures is what happened to me.

The SSR2.5 got to a liquid / greasy consistency on the top by pass 4 or 5.
Q-> Is this normal ?

Don't know if that is what this picture is showing
06.jpg

I mentioned all the other passes I had made, as a SWAG maybe the surface was too hot from previous work, and this is causing the consistency I am seeing ?

Just curious, tried SSR2.5 liquid ,SSR2.5 runny and SSR2.5 greasy as search terms to see if this came up. Didn't see a description on what the breakdown stage consistencies are with these search terms.

Any info would be great.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
yes keep working it until the gloss is popping out on passes ...not sure on Corian ..never tried it ..usually i go to PP for non-porus surfaces ..

sscully

Advanced Helper
I'll take a stab at an Orange Pad and PP next time.

Worth a try, but I am taking a SWAG that I need something stronger, but it is just that a wild guess.

Thanks for the info