SSR1 or Pro Polish ?

B

BRUN

wanting something to use after SSR2.5 as i currently use Megs #80 but i was wanting something else that might be easier to buff off in hot weather

i presume SSR1 and PP are very similar products however the PP says its a non abrasive formula so i think maybe SSR1 might be better

opinions ???

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Both can do the job, but SSR1 will give a higher gloss to the finish and Pro Polish will leave a cleaner and brighter finish. :)

awd330

Advanced Helper
Actually, SSR1 and PP have different strengths and result in different "looks" as well. SSR1 is a very mild abrasive and is a an excellent choice for cleaning up hazing from heavier compounds like SSR2.5. SSR1 produces a very glossy appearance and can produce the look of a glaze when used with a finishing pad. Pro Polish is a very versatile chemical cleaner that can be mild or aggressive depending upon the method of application. With a rotary buffer and a wool pad, it can be used to remove wet sanding marks. With a DA polisher and a foam polishing pad, it can be used as a final polish. PP leaves your finish with a very bright and clear appearance. Both SSR1 and PP can be used in the heat, though Pro Polish seems to remain wet and can be worked for longer periods of time.

B

BRUN

thanks for the info

sounds like from a 2.5 then 1 is my ideal choice, but once the paintwork is in good condition it sounds like PP could be a good choice as its a chemical cleaner so wont eat away at any clearcoat, a good regular use polish

M

Mike T

Even SSR1 can be used as a regular polish. All depends on the pad combo. Besides polishing shouldn't be done to frequently.

T

TangoMan

PP is not water soluble so is more difficult to wash out of the pads if they get bunged up.

M

Mike T

Would PP with a PC & white LC pad remove hazing and stuff left by more aggressive polish.