SRR 1, 2 & 2.5 applications

I'm planning to detail a family car this weekend and I would like to use SRR 2.5 /SSR 1 or SRR 2/SSR 1. I have Meg DA and flex rotary, could you please advice what is the best approach (speed/pads) to get this job don and yield to a show car results. I have heared from other friends that SRR products can DUST. Is that is correct and what is your advice, really I lilt to use these polish and follow up with NB wax.

ronkh

Da King
I'm planning to detail a family car this weekend and I would like to use SRR 2.5 /SSR 1 or SRR 2/SSR 1. I have Meg DA and flex rotary, could you please advice what is the best approach (speed/pads) to get this job don and yield to a show car results. I have heared from other friends that SRR products can DUST. Is that is correct and what is your advice, really I lilt to use these polish and follow up with NB wax.

Not really enough information.

Almost like saying - - - I am getting a motor this week. What type of fuel do I use? I have diesel, unleaded regular, and premium.

What I'm asking is that - what is the best approach, from your experience, to apply SSR2.5 or SRR 2/SRR1 using DA/rotary. Also, which pad you recommend. Thanks in advance.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
What I'm asking is that - what is the best approach, from your experience, to apply SSR2.5 or SRR 2/SRR1 using DA/rotary. Also, which pad you recommend. Thanks in advance.

That's still a tough question to answer. What is the vehicle's condition? What are you trying to accomplish other than shine? Are there holograms or swirls or both.
Who has worked on the vehicle previously? Pad and product combination depends on many of the factors above.
With any of the SSR's you will be working at full speed or near full speed with a DA ... on a rotary I might suggest speeds of 3-5 depending on your experience.
Dusting is usually from too much product and incorrect priming of the pad ... there are many threads that cover all these topics ... if you look under the SSR's and their use and then have more specific questions, we can help you reach your goals :)

Thanks for the information. I got some information with respect how could I apply SSR 1/2 & 2.5, but i have one question - what is about priming the pad. Do you prime the pad with the product and add 3 or 4 small points. Or you prime the pad first with QD and add 3 or 4 points..

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
what is about priming the pad. Do you prime the pad with the product and add 3 or 4 small points.

a then ring around the pad, about a 1/2 inch from the edge, and smear it around with your fingers .. then add a few drop as you stated above .. press against the panel to be worked on a couple times and start the machine at a slow speed and then immediately turn up the speed

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
a lot like to use glazes with machine application and a no cut pad for the even filling, but there's more than one way to eat a reese's ! glad you were able to get the paint where you and client wanted it.