Spray & Wipe Usage

blkyukon

Helper
Below are pictures of what I've used Spray & Wipe on safely without marring.

This is the dirtiest I would use S&W for without marring - one day of driving in the rain -

sw_1.jpg

Spray & Wipe sprayed on panel - let dwell for about 30 seconds to a minute - amount to use depends on how dirty the car is, below is about 5-6 sprays

sw_2.jpg

Using a good microfiber towel, apply very little or no pressure and depending on how dirty the car is, turn towel at each pass to prevent scratching.

After wiping off -

sw_3.jpg

Works great on stainless and chrome too!

sw_4.jpg

sw_5.jpg

cwcad

Helper
Excellent post with pictures and process, BlkYukon!!!

I completely agree with the thought of this post. Have had conversations with Steve one of which was the use of S&W. Learned alot about the proper use. It has been corroborated by you in this post.

I tend to push the envelope when it comes to S&W. I wish that I had pictures of the vehicles that I have used S&W on with good results. These vehicles were already marred from winter driving conditions but in my opinion S&W will handle extreme condition as well. It does require a multitude of towels in order for it to work.

I would always do a spray rinse on my truck if it were real dirty. Like your Black Yukon it is very close to being marr free. Yet when vehicles are in need of cleaning and are also in need of paint correction I tend to push the S&W envelope. All of my friends and owners that I have done this with are extremely pleased. I must admit that they are not anal as I but there eyes bug out when I can clean an average sized car in 20 minutes.

Just my thoughts.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
cwcad said:
when vehicles are in need of cleaning and are also in need of paint correction I tend to push the S&W envelope. All of my friends and owners that I have done this with are extremely pleased. I must admit that they are not anal as I but there eyes bug out when I can clean an average sized car in 20 minutes.

Just my thoughts.

Kirk you are correct and that's why many a mobile detailer will use it with anything short of mud. If you are trying to save time and know you are going to do a full detail it saves a lot of work. No hoses, no mess of water dripping, and no clean up. Straight to polishing or claying. Spray and Wipe can be diluted upto 50% for claying too to save on product and the vehicle will not need a washing afterwards. You are also correct that 99% of people will be more than happy to see a clean vehicle in 20 minutes without the use of water or a hose and can care less about a swirl, let alone even know what one is.
The detailing boards on the other hand are the other 1% of the population and do care about swirls and the most minute flaw in their paint and for them using Spray and Wipe on anything more than a slightly dirty or dusty vehicle is out of the question. :D

G

gmblack3

I should have 2 gallons of it soon. :D

The other day I sprayed it onto a cheap MF and wiped the brake dust off of the wheels on the wifes 99 740il. :smt047

Once a month the wheels get the SnR treatment.

G

GTScott

I have great luck with this stuff on pollen. Even the cars that sit in the showroom get it and it is nice to be able to have them all pretty again in 20 minutes.

Seeing as I don't have much of the SnW on hand, I may try diluting it.

R

Rob

I lived in an apartment for 2 years during which S&W was my best friend. I washed the car with S&W no matter how dirty it was (Chicago road salt included) with light passes, copious application, and a few towels. I was always pleased with the lubricity and emulsification and really never had swirling to speak of. I then polished the car by hand with PWC and life was great! Now I use it between coats of EX-P (or EX) when it sits for a couple days to clean the surface for a new coat. LOVE IT!

X

xlnt

I love the stuff. Can't live without, and take it with me on family trips. :thumb

N

NavArch

Thanks, blkyukon

Around here, a drive from home to work in the rain almost never creates a muddy problem, just a gazilliion water spots waiting to happen as the car dries in the garage. I have been using SnG with microfiber towels, but now see that the SnW is the way to go.

Again, thanks for the pictures. A thousand words, and all that. :smt006