Spray & Gloss

Scott P

Advanced Helper
Without trees, man would not have wood to smoke pork butt and brisket. Think of my belly!

I haven't used Spray and Gloss in a while. I just have way too many quick detail sprays sitting around. I think I've gotten lazy in my old age and am just not using them enough. Well, age and the 100+ degree heat.

ronkh

Da King
It makes sense to use after Spray & Wipe?

sure

but i also use it after a regular wash (as a drying agent)
while car is wet after final rinse, i spray the face of a ww towel, then use one spray per panel (2 for large panels) and then dry.
great gloss

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Yes, but make sure it's on a clean surface. S+G doesn't have the cleaning ability of S+W.

A

aalves

Just to say that I already bought this product and it's awesome! :smt038 I basically use it after washing as a drying agent and it's easier to dry with the towel. I'm using 2 to 3 sprays per panel. I'm using too much?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Just to say that I already bought this product and it's awesome! :smt038 I basically use it after washing as a drying agent and it's easier to dry with the towel. I'm using 2 to 3 sprays per panel. I'm using too much?

good to hear :) yes I would cut down to a couple light mists per panel not a full spray

F

Fatboy40

I've been using S+G for a couple of months now, primarily when I'm in a rush and can't be out there for hours cleaning the cars, and so as to not get it everywhere (and when there's a strong wind) I spray it onto a microfibre and then wipe the panels (after the car has been washed and dried). I seem to get a reasonable shine from it and some beading, overall I'm very happy.

I'm interested though in exactly what's in S+G, a Google search hasn't been much use. I know it's water based but what's the active ingredient/s in it ?, silicone ? (I'm more than happy if it is).

ronkh

Da King
I'm interested though in exactly what's in S+G, a Google search hasn't been much use. I know it's water based but what's the active ingredient/s in it ?, silicone ? (I'm more than happy if it is).

About as much chance getting the ingredients to this as getting the ingredients to onion sauce

F

Fatboy40

About as much chance getting the ingredients to this as getting the ingredients to onion sauce

Hmm... Dodo Juice sort of say what at least one of their ingredients is and how it's used...

... as S+G does bead a little then I'm assuming there may well be silicone present (water soluble). Either way I'm still using it and I'm very happy with it :)

F

Fatboy40

After advice from an admin / Poorboy's rep here, can we assume that S+G can be layered, up to a point, to get the best gloss and shine possible?.

I suppose wait a few minutes to allow it to fully dry and go over the car again ? (I'd play around with it more this weekend but I've probably got no more than a few squirts of it left, went to buy some more but bought S+W by accident !).

Thanks.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I do find that the more often you use it on a well maintained vehicle, the slicker it gets and the tighter the beading is when it rains ...

rabbi

Back in the day I thought someone did a Spray and Gloss 3 timer on their car and said there was a (paraphrasing here) definite WOW factor but I can't remember who it was. This coming weekend if I have the energy/time after another wash and wax job I'll give this a try.

ronkh

Da King
Back in the day I thought someone did a Spray and Gloss 3 timer on their car and said there was a (paraphrasing here) definite WOW factor but I can't remember who it was. This coming weekend if I have the energy/time after another wash and wax job I'll give this a try.

Think it was same guy who had 47+ coats of qd+on an olds :D

rabbi

Think it was same guy who had 47+ coats of qd+on an olds :D

Now listen I'm an old man so are you messing with me about this or not either way be nice.
I don't think you are speaking of yourself because you would've said 47+ coats of wax.
Don't think it was Steve either.

ronkh

Da King
Now listen I'm an old man so are you messing with me about this or not either way be nice.
I don't think you are speaking of yourself because you would've said 47+ coats of wax.
Don't think it was Steve either.

May want re-think that