Spray and Wipe, streaks.....

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
Why do I get so much streaking with Spray and Wipe?

I am using it as a QD.

I had to use another QD to clean it up

thoughts?

G

Go-N Def

You might be Using too much.

If you are using it for moderate to heavy cleaning, then wet the area down.

If you are just dusting, adjust the spray nozzle so that it it makes a fine mist. Hold it several inches from a MF towel and give it one spray. Wipe down the area.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Yes, if you get streaking you are using way too much. Also make sure you are using soft and absorbant microfibers and flipping them often. The towel should be almost dry to the touch, if your towel is getting damp, then all you are doing is dragging the Spray and Wipe around, thus getting streaking..also remember not to rub, just Spray & Wipe :wink:

B

brendans225

yeap, i noticed this too when i first started, i soon found out i was simply using too much.......a little goes a long way (although consciously u want to use more as u believe it provides better lubrication, but in actual fact, a light spray and a soft and absorbent cloth is what removes the dust efficiently).........if streaking occurs, i simply lightly buff the area, or respray the area lightly and it goes away :)

Rollingrock

Advanced Helper
thanks for the replies

Yeah with Megs #34 I spray and wipe with good MF's and it takes 3 16X16's and the truck is done.

With the PB's S&W I must be using too much. I was thinking it needed more "wetness" for lifting dust out.

I will try again as I have over a gallon...

JP

L

littlemissGTO

Rollingrock said:
thanks for the replies

Yeah with Megs #34 I spray and wipe with good MF's and it takes 3 16X16's and the truck is done.

With the PB's S&W I must be using too much. I was thinking it needed more "wetness" for lifting dust out.

I will try again as I have over a gallon...

JP

If you don't like it I'll take it off your hands. :lol:
Seriously spritzed the car and then added a coat of Natty's red a couple of days ago. I used one MF and maybe a few ounces of the S&W and the car looked like I had just washed it using the two bucket method. Man are these products great.