Snow removal products

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
What are the best products to carefully remove snow from vehicles without scratching or damaging the finish?

I know I know - some of you guys in the south do not have to worry about it...

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I leave a little on the paint if it's "crusty." I don't think that will come off without some damage.
If it's powdery/fresh, I use a MF mitt, such as one might find @PBW, perhaps named similar to, oh... maybe a MEGA-PLUSH LARGE MITT (found here->) http://www.poorboysworld.com/microfiber.htm :p

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
Here in PA, we can get a ticket for having snow on the top of the car, hood etc. It has something to do with the snow blowing off with ice underneath and hitting cars behind you while driving.

I like the idea of the MF mitt.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Well, if you just gotta have a clean hood/roof, the only option I see is pouring some water over the ice/snow and melt it. (**Make sure you don't use hot water, as you may "shock" the cold paint and cause cracking by changing the temp. so drastically/fast!!!**)
Also, be careful about puddles turning to ice where it drips off!

Gee... I'm starting to feel like I'm writing an ad for a new pill: Some side effects may include bad things..... Discontinue use it scary things happen.... See your doctor. :D

Redwings97

Advanced Helper
BL

Thanks again for the helpful hints. I guess each snowfall will require a different method. I could however, make my son park his car outside and I could keep my in the garage. :D

L

littlemissGTO

Redwings97 said:
BL

Thanks again for the helpful hints. I guess each snowfall will require a different method. I could however, make my son park his car outside and I could keep my in the garage. :D

That sounds like a plan to me.