snap on box vs poorboys

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Thursday I went to a buddys who had a older snap on box in his garage, he wanted to get some hands on experience with detailing and his new rupes polisher.

So this was single stage, I'm guessing some sort of heat cured paint similar to a powdercoat, very tough stuff. We went from mastercut (which is in that 3m bottle w/ a make shift label :smt018) then to pp2, and pp1. We probably could of stopped at pp2, but what the hey.

Bottom left of toolbox was unfinished for this picture, bottom right was after the polishing. We did some other tests on the box with a griots da, dewalt rotary, and got some great results with the poorboys and those machines.

The lighting is poor, the finished side does still have some heavier scratches in it, but the box turned out looking very snazzy when we finished it all up :smt112

2Poor2Detail

It's looking great with Poorboy's product JohnnyB.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
You should mention its your like new looking box haha, and yes it turned out great. Had I known you were going to join the forums I would of let you post it.

2Poor2Detail

John, if you take a look at the pictures I posted on the headlight restoration, my photos are small. I'm glad you posted because, it came out nice.