sealant in cool weather

B

bushmills

i have a question about sealant and temp ,but cant find an anwser ,i found this link but it does not seem to work anymore , ( We also wrote up a how to article on waxing in the cold or in extreme heat here's the link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1779 ) can someone direct me to where i can find out about colder weather,and applying sealant,i know how easy it was to apply in the summer ,but,its mid october now , i am doing my brothers car and the temps during the day are only in the single digits ,at the most ,+ 8 to +10 celcius,the car will be parked indoors but its probally colder inside the garage,should i have to do any thing differrent than normal ? tks

B

bushmills

thanks ronkh ,i was thinking that,i just did not want it to mess up the last stage, after doing everything else, cheers

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
in cooler weather you might use more of wipe on wipe off method as waxes and sealants will flash a bit faster under 50 degrees F

B

bushmills

sorry a bit late getting back ,i wsitrd 90 mins before it passed the finger swipe test ,then came off with out to much bother ,sry i dint take any pics ,it has since snowed ,and i just had cattaract sugery yesterday ,my nissus says the car is fine and looks good ,but i still want to check it out again myself ,once i get my vision back ,the missus thinks iam nuts and should be more worried about my eyes ,rather than a stupid shine/ polished car women dont get it ,a few weeks and i shold be at the wax again and i will post pics this time ,tks for the advive guys ,great foroum great products,excuse any spelling nistakes cant see too good :)