Removing swirls by Hand

D

dads gt

Hi, just wondering what is the best product for this??? I realize this can be very time consuming and sometimes not very effective.

I have used Scratch X with some success. Does PB's have a better product, or should I say, an easier product??

Thanks Kirk

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Theoretically, either SSR1 or ProPolish could be used. PP would take longer by hand, as it's non-abrasive, so it would be dependent upon the medium used-foam pad, terry cloth, MF. SSR1 is a bit abrasive, so it may show results faster than PP by hand.

Are you talking about rotary induced swirls, or do you mean cobwebbing (fine scratches)? I find that it's often easier to fix swirls than cobwebbing, as the buffer holograms aren't as deep.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Swirls are hard to remove by hand ..you can use SSR2.5 by hand but you must do small areas at a time. You can also use Pro Polish with a cotton rag to work out swirls and scratches. You must be patient and work small sections..

D

dads gt

BigLeegr said:
Theoretically, either SSR1 or ProPolish could be used. PP would take longer by hand, as it's non-abrasive, so it would be dependent upon the medium used-foam pad, terry cloth, MF. SSR1 is a bit abrasive, so it may show results faster than PP by hand.

Are you talking about rotary induced swirls, or do you mean cobwebbing (fine scratches)? I find that it's often easier to fix swirls than cobwebbing, as the buffer holograms aren't as deep.

I beleive it's more like cobwebbing, no rotary was used on my car, but improper washing( and drying) of vehicle and so forth led to these swirls :cry:

D

dads gt

Poorboy said:
Swirls are hard to remove by hand ..you can use SSR2.5 by hand but you must do small areas at a time. You can also use Pro Polish with a cotton rag to work out swirls and scratches. You must be patient and work small sections..

I use a cotten rag when applying Scratch X. I beleive this method is more aggresive in removing my defects. Unfortunately my patience is starting to run out :wink: I really need to invest in a PC :!: