Quick Detailer Plus Incident

Huskydog

Helper
Can anyone help answer this question please?

Background information
I have a customer with a body shop who was applying a clear coat to a car in a painting booth. At the same time an employee of his was detailing another car with Poorboys Quick Detailer Plus about 30 feet away. During the application of the clear coat the sprayer came out of the booth to investigate why the clear coat had developed defects. They are minute pools in the clear coat sporadically positioned around the panels.

They believe the fan has drawn the minute molecules of the product into the booth to cause the problem.

Question
Does the Quick Detailer Plus contain anything in the polymers that would cause this effect? Or could the Carnuaba in the product cause these imperfections?

The body shop owner says its Silicon but I've told him the product doesn t have any Silicon in it!

As ever your help and thoughts on this are appreciated. Thanks guys.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
carnauba is not a body shop safe product at any time .. he has reason to be upset as the solvents and wax in the air will definitely cause that problem ..

if he was just doing prep and was able to wash it before painting he would have had no problem as it is a water based product, but waxes and silicone products really have no place at an active body shop.

Huskydog

Helper
Thanks a lot for the swift reply Steve. I have discussed this with the Bodyshop and came to an amicable agreement that they shouldn't use the Quick Detailer Plus in that environment. Everything is good.