PwC (or PwS) - users step inside!

F

flyingfig2.0

I've posed this question to PB (admin) already and got an answer - thought I'd get this discussion going on the board as well, since I really haven't come across anything through searching. Might help someone in the future!

Does PwC (standard - not blue) mask light defects, or can it actually remove light defects?

Is it a what you see is what you get polish? Or is it a "swirls reappear after XX washes" polish?

My thinking is this:

1) PwC (std) is basically a light polish/cleaner, akin to Pro Polish, but with added wax. I've seen results from Pro Polish, so therefore, I take it that PwC offers *real* (albeit very mild) correction. Filling (if any) should be minimal to non-existent for the standard PwC(or PwS) when used by machine.

2) The *real* correction/cut offered by PwC, just like Pro-Polish, should be pad and speed dependent.

3) PwC (blue) is functionally the same as the regular PwC, but has glazes/fillers (a-la Black hole?) included as well, to add filling capability to the polish, thereby masking defects that blight darker finishes. This comes in handy for those working by hand.

4) Pro Polish/PwC/PwS are labelled as "non-abrasive". Although they are "chemical" polishes, they do offer actual correction ability (again, pad dependent), since they may contain a very mild abrasive?

I've used PwC via PC and it seemed to remove some very minor swirls after 4-6 passes. The results achieved were similar/identical to that with SSR1.

Eager to hear thoughts and ideas on what I've posted above!

G

Gus-Gus

The thing about any one of Steves Products with Polish in them be it PWC PWCB or PWS is the right pad and a higher speed will make it work just like a polish where the lower speed and the right pad will make it work like a finishing all in one product.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Gus,
Have any of you guys tried PWS with a Micro Fiber finishing pad? Also does PWs require the 12hr set time of a regular sealant before it is topped with anything?
-Roy

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Steve, forgive my ignorance but what makes some sealants have a longer set time than others, say EX-P vs PwS?