Professional Polish - new, improved and creamier?

M

monkeyboyo

I read the following on one UK retailer's website.

New & Improved Formula! Now Poorboy’s Professional Polish is “creamy”, making it more user-friendly and a real pleasure to apply!

Bought it, and it seems as runny and watery as ever. Is this the new improved version, or the older version?

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
I seem to recall Steve mentioning on another board that there is sometimes a flip between runny and thick at the factory, but they are supposed to work equally as well. Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe Steve will chime in.

(But if you got it in an "oval" bottle instead of the cylindrical bottle, then, yeah, I'd say you got the old stuff. :p )

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
BigLeegr said:
I seem to recall Steve mentioning on another board that there is sometimes a flip between runny and thick at the factory, but they are supposed to work equally as well. Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe Steve will chime in.

(But if you got it in an "oval" bottle instead of the cylindrical bottle, then, yeah, I'd say you got the old stuff. :p )

As Bigleegr said, we do go back and forth and there is no better version or old version ... they are the same except for a thickener that is added...

M

monkeyboyo

[/quote]As Bigleegr said, we do go back and forth and there is no better version or old version ... they are the same except for a thickener that is added...[/quote]

So does the "thickener added" version replace the "runnier" one, and is it possible to tell from the packaging?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
As Bigleegr said, we do go back and forth and there is no better version or old version ... they are the same except for a thickener that is added...[/quote]

So does the "thickener added" version replace the "runnier" one, and is it possible to tell from the packaging?[/quote]

the only way to tell is by shaking the bottle ..but both will work equally well... many people prefer the thinner version as it can be worked longer especially in hot weather and you will also use less product... some people asked for a thicker version as they were just use to having thicker polishes ... it's all a matter of personal preference ... I prefer the thinner version :wink:

M

monkeyboyo

Thanks for the comprehensive answer Poorboy.
That helps me a lot, and I'll persevere with the thinner product :D

dony45

I have a bottle of the thin consistency. When I put it on a pad it seems most of it gets soaks through leaving very little of the paste on top. I don't see how this goes a long way or at least it didn't seem that way when I was using it. I also have the Black Glaze which is thick and takes very little to do an area.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Thin actually lets the product work longer and produce a better final finish while using less product