Pro Polish vs. PWC?

F

FreeBIZZ

Is there any difference between Pro Polish and PWC other than the carnauba? I plan to use the following process on a 2 yr. old Nissan-maroon color- that has never been waxed or detailed and want to do a super job, and I have PWC and PWC-Blue, but no Pro Polish:

wash
clay
SSR1-orange lite cut pad on PC or white polishing pad-not sure which
PWC-Blue
EX

If Pro Polish adds anytihng to the PWC, what would that be?

Thanks

awd330

Advanced Helper
Professional Polish is a completely different product than Polish with Carnuba. PwC is a one-step product for paints in good condition. It has light chemical cleaners in combination with polymers and carnauba waxes for protection. It works best with a DA polisher with mild foam pads or by hand with cotton applicator pads.

Pro Polish is designed to be an extremely versatile stand-alone polish. It can be used with a rotary, DA polisher, or by hand in conjunction with wool pads, foam pads, cotton applicators, cotton cloths, etc. As the name says, it was originally formulated for use by professionals. The amount of cutting action generated is dependent upon the method of application.

F

FreeBIZZ

thanks, awd. I guess I'll make the decision after I clay the car and see the condition.

V

VroomVroom

I really dig Pro Polish - one of my go-to products as a last step prior to applying topcoat(s). That said, having SSR1 and PP in your arsenal is probably a bit redundant. Just my experience, anyway (and yes, I have both!). If you were to include it, I'd use it between SSR1 and PWC, but again I'd probably choose SSR1 or PP, but not both.

F

FreeBIZZ

Thanks, Vroom. I'm stocked with a lot of Poorboys and other product, so I'll stick with SSR1. Appreciate your info~!