Previous User, New Member

ThaRaven

Helper
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, but I've used a few PoorBoy's products in the past. I had some paint defects a few years back, and SSR was recommended to me. I used it, liked the results and have been wanting to try some other products for some time. However, I have a friend who is a professional detailer so I really never had the "need" to go out and buy all these wonderful products.

I moved away to take a job, so I no longer have access to a fantastic but cheap detailer. The biggest thing that draws me to PBW products is their ability to be used in direct sunlight. I live in an apartment complex, and there is almost no shade. Finding products that do a great job AND can be applied in the sun is a must.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Howdy!

That's what got me started with the products. Loved that they were easy to use, very cost efficient, and like you stated love that they are sun friendly. Wish the body shop I worked at used these products when I finished paint with them, but after learning the hard way, made things a lot easier now. Plus its nice to be able to ask Poorboy, Pockets, and others to learn even more about the products and applications.

ThaRaven

Helper
I can say I do a pretty good job taking care of my car. I would like to practice with other application methods, particularly a DA buffer/polisher. However, I don't have access to a "project" vehicle to practice on, and I really don't want to try new techniques on my 2 year old car.

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
Sounds good, and good idea on not using a finely finished car to practice on.

If ever in the future you decide to pick up a dual action polisher- there are products and pads that make it (basically) impossible to do any damage, while getting the benefits of machine polishing. Plenty of knowledge on the site here for that, when you're ready to get started.

Nourah

Woman of the World
I can say I do a pretty good job taking care of my car. I would like to practice with other application methods, particularly a DA buffer/polisher. However, I don't have access to a "project" vehicle to practice on, and I really don't want to try new techniques on my 2 year old car.

Welcome to the "world"!! :smt041

Just a suggestion if you're nervous about trying a DA or other machine on your new car, go to a wrecking yard & get a hood on which to practice . . . that's what I did & it was a great way to try out new products as well. :smt061

rabbi

Welcome to the "world"!! :smt041

Just a suggestion if you're nervous about trying a DA or other machine on your new car, go to a wrecking yard & get a hood on which to practice . . . that's what I did & it was a great way to try out new products as well. :smt061

I can't give any better advice than this.