Poorboys Polish with Carnauba (Blue) application method?

G

I bought a bottle of this product and I will use it on my car by HAND.

1. I will apply it with a Microfibre application pad.. thin coat right?
2. How to remove the polish? is a wipe on-wipe off product? or i need buy some FOAM application pad and do a little presure for removing it?

if anyone has applied it by had please tell me how use this product in the correct form.

thanks

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
As the label says, you can rub it until it's gone and then do a final wipe or you can rub it in a bit, let it haze, then remove. I tend to rub it in a bit then let it haze. I wouldn't consider it a wipe on/wipe off product, though.

I've had better luck with using a cloth than a foam applicator on my black paint. I seem to get some marring no matter which type of foam I use (by hand). Some people use strictly foam and seem to get great results, so I guess it could be more user specific.

davekt

Advanced Helper
I use it fairly regulary by hand and use a cloth applicator then let it sit for a short while then remove the rest with a microfibre cloth.I have had no problems doing it this way and find PPwC to be a very reliable product.

V

virginia55

Cloth applicator or foam ?

This will be my first time waxing a black car so I'd like to avoid any swirl marks....I've read that a cloth applicator is best when using Natty's blue. Is this best ? What about with polish and sealant ?

Any well tested advice is welcome !

Thanks...

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
As mentioned above, I find that I tend to have marring with a foam pad, so I use a cloth when working by hand. Make sure if you use cotton that it is a good quality cotton, not dollar store stuff, as they may have polyester/nylon used in the edging, which may scuff the paint. Also, use a thick towel. If you can see through it, it may not be a good choice.
I've used MF cloths, and they work well, although Steve has mentioned before that cotton has more bite than MF, so if you are trying to remove swirls or oxidation, cotton would work faster.
To avoid "finger marks" when rubbing, try wrapping the cloth around a sponge or piece of foam. This will allow a more evenly spread pressure. You can also buy applicators with the foam already sewn into the pad.

Avoid dry wiping if possible. (IE-you see some dust and decide to wipe it off with your finger) This will re-mark up the finish. Especially obvious on black.

Hope this helps!

V

virginia55

Thanks Big Guy..

I did see the previous post after I asked and have since read through some others that say cloth is best.
I forgot to order the good applicators from Poorboys so now I'm in search of sumtin' local.

You are just full of good, well tested advice and I more than apprecite it since I love my Black ride !

:D

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
virginia55 said:
Thanks Big Guy..

I did see the previous post after I asked and have since read through some others that say cloth is best.
I forgot to order the good applicators from Poorboys so now I'm in search of sumtin' local.

You are just full of good, well tested advice and I more than apprecite it since I love my Black ride !

:D
Happy Birthday Virginia ..and your applicators are on the way :smt113 :smt006

V

virginia55

Thanks Steve.....I had a great B-day :smt113

I'm looking forward to the Poorboy products so I can enjoy that beautiful shine on my ride.

You rock.....

V

B

buja

Steve,

what colour lc ccs pads can be used to apply this vua pc/udm ?
and i assume light pressure quick movements ? or slightly slower

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
buja said:
Steve,

what colour lc ccs pads can be used to apply this vua pc/udm ?
and i assume light pressure quick movements ? or slightly slower

If you are trying to do some correction, then use the orange or white at a speed of 5+, otherwise a black or blue finishing pad at low speed will do for light cleaning and protection.

B

buja

Thanks Steve !

I'm quite surprised that your polishes (chemical, non abrasive) ones can actually achieve correction results !

will have to give it a try

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
buja said:
Thanks Steve !

I'm quite surprised that your polishes (chemical, non abrasive) ones can actually achieve correction results !

will have to give it a try

yes, the PwC's , PwS, and Pro Polish are pad dependent and can do some nice work :smt023

B

buja

can i just sneak in another quick one...

after applying pwc , can I go straight to the natty's blue immediately ? no need to leave cure time for the pwc right ?

thanks !

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
buja said:
can i just sneak in another quick one...

after applying pwc , can I go straight to the natty's blue immediately ? no need to leave cure time for the pwc right ?

thanks !

no waiting needed :wink:

B

buja

Steve,

I've got another question about following up PwC with a pure sealant like ex-p . is it actually ok for that ? seeing that by doing it this way it is carnuaba then sealant ?

I thought it would usually be sealant first then carnuaba ?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
we've seen no problem with following PwC with a sealant like EX-P or EX ...the carnauba is minimal but does help provide some protection and add to the look. :D