Poorboys over a glazed car?

K

Kitty flyer

Hi guys,

My car was delivered with a product called A-glaze already on it. I've recently applied Black hole to see how it coped with a few scratches. It's done a great job.

Having a look through the forum for ideas does this sound right? Another layer of BH then ex-p and wax (red or blue)?

Thanks.

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Yes, that would be the correct sequence. Make sure to let the EX-P cure a day before applying the wax.

K

Kitty flyer

Fantastic on car no.1...

Thanks

It looks great. For general washing should I just keep waxing. I understand that more ex-p over the wax won't work but what about BH once in a while? A waste of time?

Roughly speaking how long does ex-p last?

Scott P

Advanced Helper
It's a sealant with a five year guarantee. It's sounds like one of those standard upsell items from the dealership financing department. You won't be able to do anything with those scratches with it on there. Once you take a polish or paint cleaner to it, the A-Glaze will be gone. So if you want to keep that stuff on there, then Black Hole or a sealant like EX or EX-P would be your best bet.

K

Kitty flyer

Thanks Scott, so far BH with Ex-P is doing a good job and giving more depth to the car. As for the scratches they seem well hidden and for the time being I'll stay away from the polish.