Polish with Sealant Questions

C

cullen2505

I just purchased some PwS from AutoGeek and I have some questions. If I am using PwS as my LSP can I expect that same durability as using EX-P? Do your users typically top PwS with another sealant, i.e. EX-P? What are the advantages of topping PwS with another sealant? I'm assuming that PwS can't/shouldn't be layered. Thanks for the help with my questions.

awd330

Advanced Helper
Welcome to the forum cullen2505!

I haven't used the production version of PwS yet, but I really liked the version 1 and version 3 prototypes. The production version is supposed to be the same as version 3 (except for the color and smell), so I will offer my thoughts based upon my experience with version 3.

PwS can be used as a one-step without layering on an additional pure sealant such as EX-P. PwS is extremely easy to use and looks great on its own. However, if durability is your top priority, I would suggest the EX-P topper. For my winter prep, I used PwS followed by 2 layers of EX-P. For the other seasons, I was happy with just using PwS by itself and re-applying every couple months. You are correct that PwS cannot really be layered due to the inclusion of polishing agents.

C

cullen2505

Thanks for the answers. I'm going to try the PwS without using EX-P.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
cullen2505 said:
Thanks for the answers. I'm going to try the PwS without using EX-P.

That's what I'm doing with my Tahoe, and it still looks great and is slick over 2 months later :D