PB Product recommendations for '08 Saab Turbo X?

stevot22

Helper
Hello,

I have an '08 Saab Turbo X that I would like to improve the finish of. The car is a not a daily driver, but not a garage queen either. It is metallic black, the metal flake being very fine. The paint is very similar to Ford's Tuxedo Black.

To date I have used Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and Wax, followed by Meguiar's Crystal Carnauba Wax. This combo works fine on my black Tahoe, but doesn't give me the depth I'm looking for with the Saab. I am going to purchase a Porter Cable polisher to replace my old 9" Sears unit, as I realize that I need better tools to correct the finish.

Would someone please suggest a combination of PB's products that would polish, seal and topcoat the paint?

Thanks.

Steve

NINaudio

Advanced Helper
For black cars, the recommended products tend to be Pro Polish, Ex-P for the sealant, and Natty's liquid Blue wax on top of that. I have a black Accord and have not yet to date had the chance to try EX-P, but have used the others and I was very happy with the results. I am adding EX-P to my next detailing session.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
I would go with Professional Polish , Black Hole and EX-P and some Natty's Blue if you want for more depth..

Beercan31

Advanced Helper
I am extremely picky when it came to products on black, "Old Steve" hit the right combo. (see ya can teach an old dog new tricks) Tee Hee... Nattys Blue gives a deep reflection with a wet look, what I see that Nattys Blue gives is a silvery type shine in the colors reflected off black paint, I have also tried Nattys Red on black and it give a very nice warm clean look with a little less silvery shine in the deep reflection.

Exp is the best sealant I have found, on a black daily driver non garage kept with minimal washings and I got 4-6 months of protection out of my truck and I live North West New Jersey.

Black Hole is a great product, I have used Black Hole but not a lot. the reason being is I'm learning how to remove and restore paint defects and Black Hole will hide light marring and swirls.

Good luck and please post photos before, during, after its all good.

stevot22

Helper
Thank-you all,

I guess the course of action looks like:
1. Buy the polisher and products
2. Clay the car
3. Pro-Polish
4. Black Hole
5. EX-P
6. Natty's Blue
7. Sit back, crack a beer and admire the results.

Steve