Hi
As a newcomer tp PBW can anyone help withe the following product choice

Car Seat Leon with black metalic paint 15 months old

Swirl removal SSR 2.5

Polish SSR 1

Seal EX-P

Wax Nattys blue

QD ???????????

The only PBW product I have tried is the QW+ which I have found amazing with ease of use and top class result however this is in my opinion not a QD product and I am open to suggestions as to which QD is most suitable?

I the UK PBW products are only avalable in 16 and 32 oz sizes is there a supplier able to supply larger sizes?

I await any replies

many thanks

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Basically, S+G is the QD in this line. QD+ has recently been re-named Quick Wax +, for reasons which you have likely already noted.
S+G adds gloss, but does not have much cleaning power. S+W has cleaning power, but not the gloss enhancement of S+G. Fortunately, the 2 can be mixed! :eek: This will give you a better cleaning gloss enhancer, or a glossier cleaner, depending on your ratio.

Of course, if you wanted to stick with "pure" product, S+G is, IMO the QD in the PBW line.

R

roadstar

many thanks

can you suggest the mix ratios of SW and SG Iam very interested to experiment with this

Just ordered the both

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Depends on what you want. If you want as much cleaning and gloss as possible, then 50/50. If you plan on using it mostly to keep dust off at car shows, but would like to boost gloss, then you'd lean more towards the S+G with the remainder being S+W. (maybe 75/25). If you're looking to mostly do cleaning of the car between washes, but would like to boost the gloss as well, then you'd go for more S+W. (maybe 75/25 this way.)
Of course, if you ordered enough (at least the 32oz, right? :smt112 ) then maybe try mixing up a few bottles with different ratios and see which you like best.

awd330

Advanced Helper
BigLeegr provided excellent advice about mix ratios. My personal favorite is 75% S&W and 25% S&G. This retains virtually all of S&W's cleaning power while letting the S&G add a nice bit of "pop".