New member from upstate NY.

NY Larry

Helper
Hello members,

My name is Larry, I own a 2010 Toyota Corolla, black metallic. (black sand pearl)

Looking for some reccomendations on what products I would benefit the most from. Not familiar with anything yet, will be listening and looking for the best products for me.

Thanks all,

Larry

mdmill1

Advanced Helper
Welcome... I am fairly new myself but I could tell you a few must have's for a dark color car EXP , BLACK HOLE, AND NATTY BLUE.

sscully

Advanced Helper
Welcome to the site, just to prep you, you are going to go broke once you catch the OCD bug.:smt003

Dark color paint suggestions.

Depends on the condition of it.

You have a few above but add

Polish w/ Carnuba-blue = This will come in handy for those quick details with a 1 step.

Propolish Works great with a black pad for doing a follow up polish prior to LSP ( and if paint needs it, changing the pad to white or more will remove defects ).

Spray & Wipe = great for clay lube, cleaning windows, and paint.

Spray & Gloss = Waterless cleaner ( similar to SnW ) but has gloss additive to it.

The polish w/ Carnuba blue & ProPolish you can get the smaller bottles, but Spray & Wipe and Spray & Gloss don't bother with anything less than a 32 oz bottle. Once you get down on it, order up the gallon jugs.:smt023

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
Welcome to our forum :smt039

Those are both very good suggestions ... it would really depend if you are working by hand or machine and what your expectations are.
If you could post a few pictures, it would also be helpful for us to help you :)

NY Larry

Helper
BH over sealant

Can I put BH over a sealant I already have my car? I don't think it's necessary to mention which sealant. Will BH make a difference on my black metallic? The car was corrected and polished already, too.

I want to put something over it, too. Like ex-p or ex? or something that's durable, sort of, I will be putting more on in a month or so and every month, but also something for winter in late fall.

Thanks all

P

Pockets

Cool we are two hours south in Rockland County you should make the trip down for Detail Weekend when we have it

Can I put BH over a sealant I already have my car? I don't think it's necessary to mention which sealant. Will BH make a difference on my black metallic? The car was corrected and polished already, too.

I want to put something over it, too. Like ex-p or ex? or something that's durable, sort of, I will be putting more on in a month or so and every month, but also something for winter in late fall.

Thanks all

Yes, you may put it on top of an existing sealant it will just give it the looks not the filling or hiding properties (as good) though and then top that with some sort of protection to lock it in.

NY Larry

Helper
Yes, I would like to come to detail weekend. What weekend is it this year, i would have to put in for time off as I work every weekend.

So I can put it over WG sealant, then do BH, then ex-p?

Thanks pockets

best,
Larry