Need suggestions for the new car.....

danielle

Advanced Helper
Hello guys!
Sorry I haven't been around much, work has been crazy busy.

I picked up a 07 Impala SS last week, and I am in love with it! It's super clean with only 60k miles and has been meticulously cleaned and cared for. Not to mention, with the V8 under the hood....she's a lot of fun to drive :smt007

Anyways, the paint is pretty darn good with just some very minor swirls that I'm pretty sure I can get out with PP. What I was wondering is what would be the best to top the car off with? I've never had a red one before. I'm looking to keep the paint in as good of shape for as long as I can. It's been garaged all it's life and I don't have that luxury yet. The car has a pretty wet look already, so I guess mainly I would really like to deepen that look. I've got PP, EX-P, some SSR's, white diamond and black hole. I have been using Meguiars M26 and M21 waxes because I picked them up locally and actually really like them. I am open to trying Natty's to achieve the look I want. I seem to prefer the liquid waxes over pastes, but again...willing to try other avenues. I do have a Porter Cable 7424XP that I use.

Now on with the pictures:

Another question, when cleaning the leather seats....can I use a soft toothbrush to rub Leather Stuff into the seams to help clean them? There is some stuff stuck in there and shop vacking with a brush didn't seem to work. Looking to really deep clean the nooks and crannies.

ronkh

Da King
If it were mine, after polish, I'd do white diamond, then Liquid Natty's blue
Then get some new sunglasses

As far as seats go, I'd try dilute apc with a SOFT brush

danielle

Advanced Helper
Oh my goodness Ron. That look's amazing. I think you have me sold on the LNB.

Let me wipe the drool off my desk.

van185

Advanced Helper
I've cleaned and polished several red vehciles in the past. I will normally wash and clay the paint, I use Nanoskin now more than clay, I then will polish the paint really well (Pockets will not like this as well) I use xxxxx and love the stuff, I will then top the polish off with the Natty's paste wax. I've tried the red, white, and blue and they all work great and you can use any on red it does not matter. The Poorboy's wax line is great stuff and very cost effective. I've not tried the liquid wax, just normally use paste and a red pad with the Porter Cable. You should have excellent results with it. The key to great looking paint is the prep work before applying the final wax. Good luck it's a fine looking vehicile. From the pictures the vehicile looks well maintained. Let us know what you decide to use and how it turns out. As far as the leather I normally clean leather seats with either xxxxx Leather Shampoo or xxxx Leather Cleaner and follow it up with a caot of Leather Stuff. Like you mentioned it is good to rub the Leather Stuff into the seams as that is where most seats start to fail. I always try to mark sure I get thoses areas well. Poorboys Leather Stuff is my go to leather conditioner and works great. I don't always use the cleaner unless the seats look like they need it. You can tell by the color or stains. A lot of times Leather Stuff alone is all I use. Hope that helps a little.

danielle

Advanced Helper
Well, what?

I haven't had a chance to order anything yet. Right now is crazy busy time at work. And after walking 200+ acres of soybeans a day, the last thing I feel like doing is spending time on the car :(

Hopefully in a few weeks things will calm down and I can spend a weekend on it.
Thank you for the tips.