Need for sealant?

mcate

Advanced Helper
I may have asked this before, but I don't recall the answer. Anyway, I'm thinking ahead to my spring detail for my black 09 Mustang. The car is a garage queen, never sees rain (unless by accident), doesn't get left out in the hot sun unless it's in a car show. My planned process is the usual: clay, SSR 2.5, Black Hole, EX-P, & a few layers of Natty's Blue. But, I'm thinking about deleting the Ex-P. As the summer goes on I usually throw a coat of Blue on every few weeks to keep the finish fresh. So, do I really need the added longevity of sealant? Does it add anything, appearance-wise?

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
well Mike the best way to tell for you is do half a panel and see if you see a difference .. sealants usually brighten up a surface and wax makes it deeper and wetter

ronkh

Da King
I still did sealant then waxes on my garage queens

Why ??? - I dunno....

But I always liked the look, and felt a little more secure

mcate

Advanced Helper
Same here, Ron. I guess I do it that way because that's how I've always done it. I'm just looking to try something different to see if I can make it just that much better I guess. I've tried a few different combinations. EX, Black Hole, & Natty's Red. I tried EX, Black Hole, & Liquid Natty's Blue. Last year I did EX-P, Black Hole, & Natty's Blue paste. I liked that combo the best by far. Just wondering if it would look any different w/o the sealant. I'll take Steve's advice & go half & half on a panel.