Moving on to the Flex

Matth

Advanced Helper
So I am moving up to the Flex orbital polisher and got a couple questions.

What size backing plate does it come with or can I use the backing plates from the PC.

Does it really cut down on time compared to the PC.

I used Ron's at the DW 10' but i was working on friends car with new product so it was hard to compare how different it was.

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
So I am moving up to the Flex orbital polisher and got a couple questions.

What size backing plate does it come with or can I use the backing plates from the PC.

Does it really cut down on time compared to the PC.

I used Ron's at the DW 10' but i was working on friends car with new product so it was hard to compare how different it was.

it comes with a 5.5 inch backing plate ... the pads can work, but tend to wobble a little ... we had custom pads made for the flex, similar to the VC pads we carry. It save you about 1/3 of your time, but you will still use that time to just do a better job i find.

ronkh

Da King
Deffinately cuts time down.......
I finally picked up my pc again last week....... I put a 2" backing plate on it so I could do tighter areas.

Matth

Advanced Helper
it comes with a 5.5 inch backing plate ... the pads can work, but tend to wobble a little ... we had custom pads made for the flex, similar to the VC pads we carry. It save you about 1/3 of your time, but you will still use that time to just do a better job i find.

That's what I'm hoping for. i can spend the same amount of time and get better results. :smt041

Matth

Advanced Helper
Is the handle worth it?
I know it's $5 or something. I barely use the one for the PC but there is more power with the Flex.

And what's the Flex Oange ?

BJohnson

Advanced Helper
Nice! Just watch the vid on Autogeek, what a sweet buffer. Think this eliminates the need for a VRG 3401 or 3403?