Missed wax removal .. days after a detail

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
I was wondering what I'm doing wrong or how do you prevent those missed wax spots that seem to appear days after a good detail. Removing the product, I wipe the car down with a microfiber towel then check it over multiple times.
I recently did a PWS topped with a hand application of EX.

I saw the car after a week and it did rain, and it has quite a few streaks of haze that looks like I missed. I know it was perfect before it left.

What causes this. Im not sure if it happens with just wax or sealants too but even a few that show up had me scratching my head. I know I didn't miss that many spots.

Thanks,
Shawn

johnnyb

Advanced Helper
The first time I used Ex I had some residue spots that I had to go back over. For me it was solved by applying thinner coat(s), and adjusting my cure time.

As far as having residue appear after a car has been fully cleaned, that could of been the lighting while doing it, residue collecting in spots and crevices not taped off, and other variables. Sounds like a similar lighting problem you could of been having here too
http://poorboysworld.net/board/showthread.php?1973-pro-polish-2&p=18299&viewfull=1#post18299

I did a quick search for lighting for detailing since I don't have any images of my setup, these are not my photos or setup. Proper credit to owner.
buffing setup by Bunky56, on Flickr

Poorboy

Founder
Staff member
The first time I used Ex I had some residue spots that I had to go back over. For me it was solved by applying thinner coat(s), and adjusting my cure time.

This is usually the culprit ... sealants are much trickier than wax. there are cure times that can not be definitive due to too many variables ... ie temperature, humidity, how thick or thin it is applied, if the sealant gets wet before fully curing ..etc ...

ShawnF350

Advanced Helper
Thanks.. I'll try to get something simple to add more lighting.
I will see if applying with the DA reduces the hazing since the coats will be much thinner.

I'll see what the best lamp color should be too.