Looking for advice on interior stain

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
So I finally got around to cleaning up my interior after a long road trip and I found a spot I am having trouble with so I figured i'd ask on a few forums and see if anyone has some advice.

My wife spilled a little bit of a drink (it is either coffee or diet coke) on the interior door panel which is a trextured black plastic. I've tried APC (not PBs) at both medium and stong strength and an alcohol based trim cleaner (DP) and nothing seems to affect it.

I tried to scrub it with both MF and a stiff brush but at this point I haven't had much luck, any thoughts?

InteriorStain.jpg

P

photog_gabe

I've had a similar stain and I had no problem removing it with some PB APC 15:1 and topped it off with some Trim Restore.
How long has it been like that?

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
I've had a similar stain and I had no problem removing it with some PB APC 15:1 and topped it off with some Trim Restore.
How long has it been like that?

not sure, my old garage was dark and the stain didnt show as much, maybe as long as a few months....another forum suggested steam so ill try that tomorrow

BigLeegr

Token Brute and Chief Bottle Washer
Staff member
Sometimes the damage becomes permanent. I would also suggest an application of Trim Restore (as photog_gabe mentioned) or even Natural Look to see if it can be blended in (if another round of APC doesn't work).

heck

Advanced Helper
I suggest a small brush like a toothbrush. Poorboy's APC mild to strong. I would stay away from steam as it looks like liquid heat damage to the door panel IMO.

Maybe try some bold and bright? I have used it on interiors and it works very well.

ShinyRex

Advanced Helper
Thanks Guys, I did try steam to no avail and I even tried some bug squash on a brush just in case. Since it is shiny black plastic I took some trim dye and lightly rubbed it in. So far it covers about 80% so maybe another coat tomorrow. The dye should match the door when it has a layer of interior protectant on it but I'll see tomorrow in the sun.

I think whatever is on there either caused a heat or chemical stain, if the trim dye doesn't work then I am not going to worry about it too much anymore. Chances are the wife will spill something eventually anyway :)